Xiaomi Mi A2 first sale starts today: Price, offers, specifications
The Xiaomi Mi A2 runs the Android One platform by Google, which puts it on the list of priority devices to receive security updates. This means Mi A2 will be one of the first phones to run Android Pie in India, after it’s made available to other smartphones
Xiaomi Mi A2 will go on sale today for the first time in India at 12 pm via Mi.com, Amazon.in and Mi Preferred Partner Stores. The Mi A2 was launched in India last week following its global launch in Spain. The phone is a successor to the Mi A1 and runs on the same Android One platform, which, apart from giving a stock Android UI, also puts the phone in the priority list for timely security and OS updates.
Mi A2 price, availability and offers
The 64GB variant of the Mi A2, which has a 4GB RAM, is priced at Rs 16,999, while the 128GB variant with 6GB of RAM is coming soon. The phone will be available exclusively through Mi.com and Amazon. Reliance Jio is offering Rs 2,200 cashback and 4.5TB free data to customers.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
The Mi A2 features a 5.99-inch full HD+ display with a resolution of 2160x1080. Powering the phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with Adreno 512 GPU. The Mi A2 comes in two RAM variants of 4GB and 6GB, with internal storage options of 64GB and 128GB.
For photos, the Mi A2 features a dual camera set-up on the back comprising a 12MP Sony IMX 486 sensor and a 20MP Sony IMX 376 sensor. On the front, it has a 20MP selfie camera with flash, capable of delivering a DSLR-like depth-of-field effect.
The Mi A2’s runs on Android Oreo-based Android One platform, and not on the MIUI ROM that powers other Xiaomi phones. Being an Android One device means Xiaomi Mi A2 is in the list of priority phones that receive the latest updates and security patches from Google. So the Mi A2 will be eligible for an Android Pie update whenever Google makes it available for other phones.
Despite running stock Android, Xiaomi has bundled conveniences like Mi Drop, File Manager, and a dedicated feedback button on the Mi A2. It also comes with Google Lens integration, which lets you look up information about a subject by just pointing your phone’s camera towards it.
- Redmi Note 7’s flash sale will give us an idea of smartphone sales this year
- Xiaomi Mi Soundbar review: A no brainer
- $300,000 prize pool for the maiden ESL One Dota 2 e-sports tournament in India
- Nokia 9.1 PureView with 5 cameras, Nokia 6.2 might launch at MWC 2019
- Honor 10 Lite launched in India: Price, Rs 2,200 Jio offer, specifications
Editor's Picks »
- Now, you can lace new Nike Adapt BB shoes with your smartphone
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ publisher files $25-million lawsuit against Netflix over ‘Bandersnatch’
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers