WhatsApp consecutive voice messages, group call shortcut spotted in beta
The new features allow you to play multiple voice messages one after the other and provide a shortcut for making group calls
WhatsApp has been pretty active in putting out updates this year. The instant messaging app has been spotted testing two new features lately— Consecutive Voice Messages and Group Call Shortcut. While the former allows you to play multiple voice messages one after other, the other provides a shortcut for making group calls. Both features were first spotted by WABetaInfo, a website dedicated to the newest WhatsApp features in beta testing.
Consecutive Voice Messages:
The new feature allows automatic queuing of voice messages. All you will have to do is to tap on the play button and WhatsApp will play all the voice messages in a row for you. This feature was spotted on WhatsApp beta for iOS (v 2.18.100) and is only present in the code of Android Beta version (v 2.18.362) which is likely to be enabled remotely.
Group Call Shortcut:
Since the group video and audio calling feature was introduced on WhatsApp, the only way to make group calls has been by calling a user first and then tapping on the group calling button on the call screen in the top right corner.
WhatsApp will soon change this behaviour by introducing a standalone button for making group calls, but only in group chats. Simply tap on the button, select the friends you wish to call and then select if it will be voice or video call. This feature also showed up only in the iOS beta version of the app (v2.18.363).
WhatsApp has been testing several new features lately, like the picture-in-picture mode, private reply, dark mode and WhatsApp stickers. You can try them out via WhatsApp Beta which allows early access to the latest features in testing. To become a beta tester, simply click on this link and become a WhatsApp beta tester. However, WhatsApp beta is known for having bugs and crashes, so be aware of what you’re getting into. You can always opt out of beta by going to the same link.
- Samsung Galaxy A8s launched in China: Specifications, more details on under display camera
- Samsung Galaxy A8s with screen hole design to launch today
- Nokia 8.1 to launch in India today: Expected price, specifications
- Honor 8C to go on first sale today: Price, offers, features
- Apple Watch will send notification if it detects irregular heart rhythm
Editor's Picks »
- Congress leads BJP in Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, close fight in Madhya Pradesh
- Markets, rupee and bond prices fall after RBI chief Urjit Patel resigns
- Sensex plunges over 1,200 points in two days: 10 updates
- Retaining Rajasthan, MP, Chhattisgarh is key for Modi
- Rupee plunges against US dollar after Urjit Patel’s shock exit: 5 things to know
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices