App Radar: Latest apps and games for iOS and Android
New apps that you must download include Amazon’s Assistant app for shoppers and Google’s new data management app
The latest update from app world is that Microsoft is reportedly working on a new photo sharing app for Android and iOS, which will make transferring photos to or from a Windows 10 PC a lot easier. Google’s Lens app is finally available on first-generation Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones too. For users looking for deals on apps, Google is offering direct discounts and freebies on in-app purchases on a number of popular apps and games. Here are some new apps and games which were recently launched.
Google’s new data management app Datally can track your mobile data consumption in real time and provide recommendations on how to save it. It provides a breakup of data used on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis, allowing users to spot the app which is draining more data. In case you don’t mind using public WiFi networks, you can use it to find one in your vicinity.
Amazon’s Assistant app for smartphone users is finally available to users in India. It is a personal assistant which automatically shows product matches with their price on the Amazon.in when users are browsing on some other e-commerce store on a mobile browser such as Chrome, Dolphin or Samsung browser. This helps users who use Amazon as a reference point and compare the prices of the same product on it manually.
Free (Monthly subscription Rs620)
Drops is a unique language app, which uses puzzle games to help users learn a new language. The puzzles are short and take up only 5 minutes of a user’s daily schedule. The puzzles involve matching words to photos or restructuring a bunch of jumbled letters to create a word. The app supports English, Hindi and 22 international languages, including French, German, Chinese, Spanish and Arabic.
The recently released puzzle game, Simulacra, on PC is now available for mobile devices. It is the successor to the award winning game Sara is Missing, and offers a similar narrative-based gameplay. In the game, a girl named Anna disappears mysteriously with her smartphone left behind, and users have to go through her text, photos, emails and calls to retrace her steps and rescue her.
Free (Rs479 for full access)
Another PC game which has been adapted for smaller screen and released just now is Morphite. It is an exploration based adventure game set in outer space with elements of action and a strategy game fused together. Users have to discover new worlds and collect new items which they can sell. They also have to stay prepared for hostile creatures and environment by upgrading weapons regularly. The game is free to download and play but with limited access.
- Xiaomi to launch 5 non-smartphone products on September 27 in India
- Vivo V9 Pro launched in India at Rs 17,990: Price, specifications
- Samsung Galaxy A7 with triple camera setup to go one sale tomorrow: Price, offers, specifications
- WhatsApp says working with Reliance Jio to curb fake news menace
- Cloud technologies growing fast in India: Prasad Rai
Editor's Picks »
- SBI has not received any proposal from IL&FS for fresh funds: Rajnish Kumar
- Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Rich List for 7th year
- Govt approves ₹8,606 crore for border infrastructure, management
- Cabinet clears proposal to convert GSTN into govt entity
- Cabinet approves telecom policy to draw $100 bn investment, create 4 mn jobs
- Will it rain on the FMCG parade?
- Why domestic cotton prices are likely to rule firm this season
- India’s dark corporate debt market now loses the flicker of liquidity too
- Jio’s market share zooms after it raises stakes with higher capex
- Tata Steel is not willing to give even an inch on the acquisitions front