Unlock the Speed event highlights: OnePlus 6T starts at $549
The OnePlus 6T 6GB/128GB is priced at $549 while 8GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB variants will sell for $579 and $629 respectively
Last Modified: Mon, Oct 29 2018. 10 25 PM IST
- 09:31 pm ISTOnePlus 6T price unveiled
- 09:27 pm ISTFull screen gestures tweaked, Type-C Bullets, Red Wireless Bullets V2 out
- 09:20 pm ISTInsights on OnePlus’ software
- 09:18 pm ISTOnePlus 6T comes with 3,750mAh battery
- 09:17 pm ISTOnePlus 6T comes with Snapdragon 845 processor
- 09:12 pm ISTWe get to play with next chipset in the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series: Kiang
- 09:07 pm ISTOnePlus 6T (and 6) also get an updated portrait mode
- 09:04 pm ISTNight Scape will also be available on OnePlus 6
- 09:02 pm ISTOnePlus 6’s night photography could’ve been better, we fixed it: Kyle Kiang
- 08:55 pm IST“The chin’s got smaller”: A look at the teardrop notch
- 08:53 pm IST0.34 seconds: That’s how long it will take the screen unlock to read your fingerprint
- 08:50 pm ISTMeet the OnePlus 6T (and the screen unlock)
- 08:43 pm ISTKyle Kiang takes the stage, says OnePlus is the largest premium smartphone makers in India
- 08:38 pm ISTMany Americans want a partnership with T-Mobile: Lau
- 08:34 pm ISTFounder and CEO Pete Lau comes on stage, it’s his first English presentation!
- 08:29 pm ISTOnePlus 6T launch commences
- 08:24 pm ISTWhat’s the Reliance Jio Rs 5,400 cash back offer every one’s talking about?
- 08:20 pm ISTWhen is it coming to India?
- 08:15 pm ISTTrying to make a buzz in the west, but…
- 08:10 pm ISTHow to watch the live stream
- 08:05 pm ISTWhat remains the same?
- 08:00 pm ISTOnePlus 6T: Expected upgrades
- The OnePlus 6T has been launched in three storage variants. The OnePlus 6T receives a new display, fingerprint scanner as well as a few software updates. Here are the highlights from the Unlock the Speed event from New York City.
- 09:27 pm IST Full screen gestures tweaked, Type-C Bullets, Red Wireless Bullets V2 outWe have introduced a “recents” button for a quicker access to recent apps. Type-C Bullets ($19.95) have also been unveiled that come equipped for Cirrus Logic for better sound quality. The Red Wireless Bullets will sell for $69.
- 09:02 pm IST OnePlus 6’s night photography could’ve been better, we fixed it: Kyle KiangWe invited professional photographers to take a look at the photos from the OnePlus 6. With their inputs, over the last 6 months our team worked on Night Scape. We self developed a scientific approach to develop a new algorithm for Auto HDR. We worked on detail optimisation, multi-frame stabilisation and noise reduction. We have also reduced the time it takes to click a photo in Night mode, says Kiang
- 08:50 pm IST Meet the OnePlus 6T (and the screen unlock)After months of leaks and rumours, the OnePlus 6T has been officially unveiled. “Today we are really excited about our newest and latest upgrade, something we like to call the screen unlock,” says Kiang.“We didn’t put it on the OnePlus 5T because the technology wasn’t ready then”
- 08:29 pm IST OnePlus 6T launch commencesThe OnePlus 6T Unlock the Speed event has commenced in New York City. Here’s a video by OnePlus showing what went behind it.
- 08:24 pm IST What’s the Reliance Jio Rs 5,400 cash back offer every one’s talking about?Reliance Jio users (new and existing) will receive an instant cashback of Rs 5,400 on the purchase of OnePlus 6T in the form of 36 vouchers worth Rs 150 each in the MyJio app. Customers can redeem these vouchers on subsequent recharges of Rs 299 thereby availing the benefits of the plan at an effective price of Rs 149. The plan will entitle them to 3GB 4G data per day for a period of 28 days with unlimited voice calls, SMS and access to Jio’s premium applications.
- 08:20 pm IST When is it coming to India?The OnePlus 6T will be launched in India tomorrow, on Tuesday, 30 October. The event will take place at the KDJW Stadium, Indira Gandhi Sports Complex at 8.30 pm where its Indian pricing will be unveiled.<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>Doors open in less than 3 hours! Are you ready to Unlock The Speed? <a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/OnePlus6T?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#OnePlus6T</a> <a href=”https://t.co/n7wLV8g0yv”>pic.twitter.com/n7wLV8g0yv</a></p>— OnePlus (@oneplus) <a href=”https://twitter.com/oneplus/status/1056878622756098048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>October 29, 2018</a></blockquote><script async src=”https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8”></script>
- 08:15 pm IST Trying to make a buzz in the west, but…With the OnePlus 6T, OnePlus is aiming to make an impact in western markets, especially in North America. But on its way to do so, it suffered a major speed bump—Apple announced it would launch new iPads and Macs on the same day, 30 October. OnePlus had to move the event a day ahead because of this. You can read more about the incident here.
- 08:05 pm IST What remains the same?The phone is expected to be powered by the same Snapdragon 845 processor and 8GB of RAM. It expected to come in 128GB and 256GB variants. The front and rear cameras will also be the same as the ones found on the OnePlus 6.
- 08:00 pm IST OnePlus 6T: Expected upgradesThe OnePlus 6T will receive an in-display fingerprint scanner along with a teardrop notch, which helps in keeping screen bezels to a minimum. The phone will receive a bump in battery capacity all the way up to 3,750mAh. It will get a refreshed version of the OxygenOS 9, which will come with new navigation gestures and camera software trickery. It will skip the 3.5mm headphone jack.
First Published: Mon, Oct 29 2018. 08 00 PM IST
- Brexiteers plot Theresa May ultimatum on backstop: Telegraph
- HBO goes non-English with ‘My Brilliant Friend’
- Smoke from California fire blots out the sun, cools earth
- The challenge is to work out how we make connections: Christopher Rodrigues
- Theresa May takes control of Brexit endgame as ministers defy her plans
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India