Google’s Artificial Intelligence for book search
Google is working on an Artificial Intelligence (AI) based experiment called Talk to Books which will allow users to find ebooks
Google is working on an Artificial Intelligence (AI) based experiment called Talk to Books which will allow users to find e-books and relevant passages from them, using not only the title of the book or the name of the author, but also conversational sentences.
Talk to Books is basically a web page powered by a machine-learning model that has been trained to understand conversation. When a user enters text in the search bar, it scans through over 100,000 e-books on Google Play Books looking for passages with similar ideas and displays them.
To the sample query: “What smell brings back great memories?”, the AI tool finds books such as Stranger To My Self by Jeffrey Abugel, Buttons And Pain by Penelope Sky, along with an excerpt from these books similar to the search query.
- SportsBot SS302 4-in-1 Combo review: Gaming on the cheap
- Lenovo launches smartphone with Snapdragon 855, 12GB RAM, 512GB storage
- Micromax launches N11, N12 in India, prices start Rs 8,999
- LG plans to sell TVs that roll up like posters in 2019
- Micromax Infinity-N launch today: Here’s how you can watch it live