Apple dresses the iPhone 8 in red
The (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition phones will run the A11 Bionic processor, which means you will get great app and gaming performance
Apple has launched red iPhone variants—the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition. These will be available in India in May, along with gold, silver and space grey colour options. Prices for the (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition phones start from Rs67,940—you pay a slight premium for the red colour; standard iPhone 8 prices start at Rs66,120.
The two new iPhones retain the aluminium and glass design and are dust- and water-resistant. They have the same 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch screens with the True Tone feature, and the 12-megapixel cameras.
The (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition phones will run the A11 Bionic processor, which means you will get great app and gaming performance.
These phones are the outcome of a partnership between Apple, brand licensing company (RED) and The Global Fund, which aims to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. As much as 50% of the money that you pay to buy a (PRODUCT)RED device, goes to charity. Apple gave the iPhone the (PRODUCT)RED treatment for the first time last year, launching the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus(PRODUCT)RED variants.
- Samsung Galaxy A8s launched in China: Specifications, more details on under display camera
- Samsung Galaxy A8s with screen hole design to launch today
- Nokia 8.1 to launch in India today: Expected price, specifications
- Honor 8C to go on first sale today: Price, offers, features
- Apple Watch will send notification if it detects irregular heart rhythm
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices