Xiaomi Mi A2 launches today in India: Expected price, live stream timings, what to expect
The Xiaomi Mi A2 features a 5.99-inch full HD+ display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC, 4GB/6GB RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB ROM. It was launched in Spain last month, starting at €229 (about Rs 18,000)
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi will launch it’s second generation Android One smartphone in India today. It is set to replace the Mi A1 in Xiaomi’s line of stock Android devices. The Mi A2 features considerable improvements in design and camera over the outgoing device. It was launched in Spain last month, starting at €229 (about Rs 18,000).
How to watch live stream
Xiaomi Mi A2’s launch event will be live-streamed on Mi India’s official YouTube channel and Facebook page at 4 pm IST on August 8. You can simply click on the links to get redirected to the live-stream.
Xiaomi Mi A2: What’s new?
The Mi A2 will now feature an 5.99-inch full HD+ display with a resolution of 2160x1080 giving it a more contemporary aspect ratio of 18:9. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC paired with an option between 4GB and 6GB of RAM and storage variants of 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
On the photography front, the Mi A2 features a dual camera setup with on the back comprising of 12MP Sony IMX 486 sensor and 20MP Sony IMX 376. For selfies, the it has a 20MP selfie camera with flash, which is capable of delivering DSLR-like depth-of-field.
In terms of software, the phone runs stock Android , rather than the MIUI ROM which runs atop other Xiaomi phones. That’s because it runs Android Oreo based Android One platform. This places Xiaomi in a set of priority phones that receive the latest updates and security patches from Google. This means Xiaomi Mi A2 will be eligible for an Android Pie update whenever Google makes it available for other phones.
Despite running stock Android, Xiaomi has bundled conveniences like Mi Drop, File Manager, and a dedicated feedback button on the Mi A2. It also comes with Google Lens integration, which lets you look up information about a subject by just pointing your phone’s camera at it.
Connectivity and other conveniences on the phone include dual-SIM functionality, 3,010mAh battery, Bluetooth 5.0, fingerprint sensor and USB Type-C support.
Editor's Picks »
- RBI lifts ban on Fino Payments Bank to open new accounts
- Ambuja Cements Q3 profit dives 34% to ₹179 crore
- Jaipur Lit Fest responds to #MeToo petition, says it stands by women
- IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways face credit rating revisions as costs spiral
- NSE gets Sebi nod to launch copper large futures contract
- Hindustan Zinc dividend payout offsets dull Q2 results
- Q2 results no blockbuster for Inox Leisure as margins disappoint
- NBFC scare shaves 8.5% of IndusInd Bank share price
- Q2 results portent a dull Diwali for paint stocks investors
- Reliance Jio seen overtaking Vodafone Idea, Airtel to become India’s largest telecom firm by 2018-end