Can’t wait for iOS 12 launch? Try the ‘public beta’ version
Apple has released a ‘public beta’ that you can download if you want to be the first to use the newest features of iOS 12
Ahead of the official final release of iOS 12 for the iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch later this year, Apple has released a “public beta” that you can download if you want to be the first to use the newest features.
Better performance: One of Apple’s promises is that iOS 12 will run smoother than iOS 11, particularly on older devices. As iOS 12 will run on devices as old as the iPhone 5s, this performance boost could allay fears users of older iPhones and iPads may have about downloading the new software. The keyboard will load faster, the share menu will open quicker and app switching will be faster. Apple says the processor performance slows after a boost to save battery power.
Augmented reality: (AR) gets a new file format, USDZ, optimized for sharing in terms of size and compatibility. ARKit, the framework that drives AR apps and experiences on iOS, has been updated to ARKit 2. It can now do smarter shared experiences, face tracking and handle virtual objects in the real world.
Apple is adding the ability to customize Animoji with Memojis that can, for now, only be accessed via the iMessage app. Your iPhone’s camera will map your face and expressions constantly, following which you can select characters and accessories to spruce up your animated version.
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X Pro (55-inch): Worth buying but not an upgrade
- New mobile apps ride high on vernacular
- Post-CES ’19: Will gaming laptops finally interest pro-gamers?
- Seven smart gadgets to make life easier, safer and better for senior citizens
- Upcoming Redmi Note 7 Pro might sport Snapdragon 675, 48MP Sony sensor
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies