CES 2018: Sony LSPX- A1 can create a 120-inch 4K screen from less than 1 feet
Sony has announced a new 4K projector which supports 4K HDR, works wirelessly and works from a short distance
At CES 2018, Sony is showcasing a 4K Ultra Short Throw projector, LSPX- A1, which can project a 120-inch screen from a distance of just 9.6 inches, setting in a new benchmark. This will make life easier for users as they won’t have to move up their articles or furniture to maintain the minimum distance from the wall required to project a big screen.
With Sony’s LSPX- A1, users can watch 4K (4,096x 2,160p) videos from Amazon or Netflix on a 120-inch screen with brightness of 2500 Lumens. It supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) which means colours will look richer than in projectors without HDR.
In case a particular video is not available in 4K, the projector provides the option to upscale it to deliver a near 4K experience. For this, it uses a digital signal processing algorithm, which enhances colour, contrast and textures.
It is a uniquely designed projector and looks like a premium designer table. The top incudes the projector body supported by two metal stands on the front and three small stands at the back. There is a wooden shelf underneath. The speaker system includes organic glass tweeters built on the front stand, a subwoofer at the base and three mid-range speakers on left right and front.
The connectors are lined up at the back and include 3 HDMI connectors and LAN port. One can also connect and stream content from a smartphone over Bluetooth.
Sony LSPX-A1 will be available in the US by May 2018 at $30,000 (approximately Rs19,06,425).
Editor's Picks »
- GST rates slashed on several products
- Won’t join NDA for 2019 elections, says Chandrababu Naidu
- Reliance Power Q1 profit rises 3% to Rs237.33 crore
- TMC will sweep in all 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal, says Mamata Banerjee
- Rahul Gandhi has seriously hurt image of Indian politician before world: Arun Jaitley
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself