Google Calendar for the web gets smarter
The new updates to Google Calendar for web offers teams with more options and information about their upcoming meetings
Google has updated the Calendar app for web, changed the layout and added a bevy of new features to it. To access the new Calendar on web, login to your Google account and select Calendar in the app menu in any web browser. On the Calendar page, click on the sticker which says “Use New Calendar” and wait for while for the update to take place. Part of Google’s G Suite apps, Calendar helps users keep track of their meetings, events and important dates.
Here are some of the new features which can help users plan things better.
See more details on location
The new Calendar provides users the option to add details on the meeting rooms such as its location, size, number of seats, availability of audio/video equipment and if its wheelchair-accessible or not. This would come in handy for guest participants or new employees who may not be familiar with these details. To fill in these details, go to Rooms on the booking page, select a meeting room and a pop up, where you can enter the details, will appear.
In addition to the details on location, the calendar invite also shows the entire guest list.
Link presentations and spreadsheets
To help participants understand the list of items that have to be discussed in a meeting, admins can link their Google spreadsheets, documents and presentations in their Calendar invite. Anyone who receives the invite can see the linked files too. To link a file saved on drive or your PC, go to the event page and click on the add attachment icon at the bottom.
Manage multiple calendars in one place
The new Calendar allows users to create and manage different calendars. So you can have a personal calendar with birthdays, anniversaries and festivals and a separate work calendar with all your meetings on it. Group heads can create multiple calendars for team members so they can keep track of all their meetings. All calendars will show in a column on the left side of the screen and a click on the calendar will open the schedule on the main page.
Customise your calendar
The Calendar app offers more customisation options to users, who can choose to show or hide weekends if there are no meetings on those days. Users can see two or more calendars from different people side by side. Users can also decide the colour set and density of a calendar through the Settings icon. Different colours and shades can be used as identifiers for a calendar or a meeting.
Recover deleted items
If you have accidentally deleted a calendar or meeting, you don’t have to create one from the beginning. All the deleted items will be parked in the Trash box where you get the option to restore files. To access the Trash box, click on the Settings icon and go to Trash.
- Google unveils ‘Shopping’ search in India to woo online shoppers
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition special sale in Delhi today: Price, what’s new, offers
- Samsung Galaxy A8s launched in China: Specifications, more details on under display camera
- Samsung Galaxy A8s with screen hole design to launch today
- Nokia 8.1 to launch in India today: Expected price, specifications
Editor's Picks »
- Man sets himself on fire near Sabarimala protest site in Kerala, dies
- US sanctions: Iran falls to 6th biggest oil supplier to India in November
- TRAI makes number porting faster, suggests fine for errant operators
- US markets set to open higher on trade optimism
- Insurance policyholders to get SMS on receipt of premium from 1 January
- Continuing volume momentum puts Indian ports in a good position
- Why did BJP lose Assembly Elections 2018? Retail inflation has answers
- Rural focus drives Hero MotoCorp, but inherent risks linger
- ‘Talk to me’, says RBI governor Shaktikanta Das in relief to markets
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors