Use Digital Health EMI Network Card for treatments not covered under insurance3 min read . Updated: 21 May 2020, 01:03 PM IST
This fully digital health card can be used at over 5,500 healthcare partners in more than 1,000 cities in India.
Today, a health insurance policy is a must to tackle soaring healthcare costs. However, these policies often exclude lifestyle diseases, which are also on the rise. Hence, it is important to know what is not covered by health insurance and what pre-existing conditions will not be covered by the policy to stay financially prepared. However, irrespective of what is not covered by health insurance, a smart way to address any medical expense affordably is to use the Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card.
This fully digital health card can be used at over 5,500 healthcare partners in more than 1,000 cities in India. With it you can avail 800+ treatments for you and your family on No Cost EMIs. This card works like a health insurance in that it saves you from large, upfront out-of-pocket expenses and reduces your monthly medical outgo to small instalments. You get a pre-approved limit of up to Rs.4 lakh to pay for the treatment(s) and a tenure of up to 24 months to make your EMIs affordable. With a hassle-free solution to cover your insurance policy’s exclusions, you now have one less thing to worry about!
Here’s more on the treatments not covered under health insurance and how the Digital EMI Network Card benefits you.
What pre-existing conditions are not covered by health insurance plans?
Pre-existing conditions are diseases you suffer from at the time of purchasing the health insurance policy. These conditions are normally excluded from coverage till the specified waiting period is over. Below are some common pre-existing conditions that are excluded by health insurance policies-
• Sleep apnoea
• Extreme obesity
What other treatments are excluded from insurance coverage?
The following treatments normally fall out of the ambit of health insurance plans:
• Cosmetic treatments: Health insurance policies exclude beauty-enhancing cosmetic treatments and dental cosmetics. Since these treatments are often elective, coverage is restricted. If the treatment is deemed medically necessary or recommended to help you recuperate from an accident, you can get coverage.
• Pregnancy-related treatments: C-sections, delivery and post-natal expenses are often the subject of an additional maternity insurance rider. Similarly, couples are often left to finance the new-born’s medical costs themselves.
• Alternative treatments: Alternative medicines such as homeopathy and Ayurveda generally do not attract coverage as these treatments are conidered to be unregulated.
• Diagnostic procedures: Diagnostic expenses, like blood tests, complete blood count, lipid profile, and biopsy are excluded from health policies. These tests can be expensive to conduct and deplete your savings.
How to pay for treatments excluded from a health insurance?
The Digital Health EMI Network Card is your one-stop medical finance solution, offering everything from preliminary diagnostic tests to complex operations and rehabilitation on No Cost EMIs.
All you need to do is visit a healthcare institution belonging to Bajaj Finserv’s partner network, anywhere in the country, and use the card to convert your medical expenses into EMIs split over a tenor of 3 to 24 months.
You get a credit limit of up to Rs.4 lakh, which you can use at some of the best medical institutions including Apollo Hospitals, Manipal Hospitals, Ruby Hall Clinic and Dr Batra’s to avail treatments such as:
• Vascular surgery
• Oncology treatments
• Orthopaedics treatments
• Maternity care
• Dental care
• Hair treatments
The application procedure for the Digital Health EMI Network Card is so simple that you can get it now, from the comfort of your home. If you are a Bajaj Finserv customer all you need to do is:
• Apply online with your registered mobile number
• Use the OTP sent to view your pre-approved offer
• Pay the one-time fee of Rs.707 to get instant digital activation
• Access the digital card through the Bajaj Finserv Wallet App
On obtaining your card, you also get a complimentary 1-year personal accident insurance of up to Rs.1 lakh. Additionally, if you open the Bajaj Finserv Wallet App, you’ll be able to view a slew of limited-period discounts. For instance, currently, you can claim a 20% off on cosmetic procedures at Skin City and a 40% discount on immunity fight back packages at Truweight till 30/09/2020.
If you aren’t yet a Bajaj Finserv customer, you can visit your nearest partner store, clinic, hospital, or medical centre to access No Cost EMI financing and the Digital Health EMI Network Card. You can also check your pre-approved EMI offer to access a customised deal today.
So, get it now and have a backup plan for the common health insurance exclusions.
Disclaimer: This content is distributed by Bajaj Finserv. No HT Group journalist is involved in the creation of this content.