Active Stocks
Thu May 30 2024 11:23:50
  1. Tata Steel share price
  2. 167.00 -4.13%
  1. NTPC share price
  2. 362.50 -0.58%
  1. State Bank Of India share price
  2. 825.10 0.26%
  1. Tata Motors share price
  2. 935.10 -0.91%
  1. Wipro share price
  2. 445.60 -1.18%
Business News/ Companies / News/  Paytm completes merchant migration to new UPI ids
BackBack

Paytm completes merchant migration to new UPI ids

Fintech company received approval from National Payment Corporation of India to commence user migration last week

Under the new process, Paytm customers will be transferred to PSP banks including Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, SBI and Yes Bank. (Mint)Premium
Under the new process, Paytm customers will be transferred to PSP banks including Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, SBI and Yes Bank. (Mint)

Mumbai: The migration of merchant customers from Paytm to the new Payment System Provider (PSP) bank handles has been completed, said Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma.

This comes after the fintech company received approval from National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) to commence user migration last week.

Launching the new sound box on Tuesday at a virtual press meet, Sharma said that Yes Bank, which is one of the PSP banks, can decide if it wants to conduct additional due diligence of these merchants that have been switched.

“Migration of merchants has been completed and the system is running with Yes Bank as the back end," said Sharma. 

Read more: Paytm begins user migration to new UPI IDs; here is how it will affect you

Under the new process, Paytm customers will be transferred to PSP banks including Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, SBI and Yes Bank. A PSP is a bank that helps the UPI app to connect with the banking channel. Only banks can act as PSPs.

Paytm until now used Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL), an associate company of OCL as the PSP bank for settlements. This came to a stop after the Reserve Bank of India ordered the payments bank to shut down basic banking services by 15 March citing supervisory concerns and persistent non-compliance with rules.

Read more: Paytm begins user migration to new UPI IDs; here is how it will affect you

Sharma, however, declined to give any clarity on the future of the payments bank which recently saw the exit of its managing director and chief executive officer Surinder Chawla.

"I, personally or anyone from OCL, have no connection with the payments bank," said Sharma. "There is an independent board taking care of everything and we have full faith in their capability." 

Read more: Paytm NPCI Licence: Paytm gets third-party licence before March 15 deadline

One97 owns 49% in the payments bank, and Sharma holds the remaining 51%.

In February, Sharma stepped down as non-executive chairman and board member of Paytm Payments Bank, following RBI's order. The company also rejigged the bank board by appointing a new chairman and other external board members.

You are on Mint! India's #1 news destination (Source: Press Gazette). To learn more about our business coverage and market insights Click Here!

Catch all the Corporate news and Updates on Live Mint. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
More Less
Published: 22 Apr 2024, 08:26 PM IST
Next Story footLogo
Recommended For You