OPEN APP
Home >Markets >Stock Markets >Indiabulls Housing Finance jumps 12% after tie-up with HDFC

MUMBAI: Shares of Indiabulls Housing Finance jumped 12.4% after the company announced a strategic co-lending partnership with HDFC Ltd offering housing loans at competitive rates.

At 1220 pm, the Indiabulls Housing Finance stock traded at 177.85 apiece, up 7.7% from its previous close, while the benchmark index Sensex was up a marginal at 47781.32. Shares of HDFC were up nearly 1% at Rs2,438.50 on the BSE.

Indiabulls Housing Finance will originate retail home loans as the per jointly drawn up credit policy and retain 20% of the loan on its books, with the rest 80% with HDFC. Indiabulls Housing Finance will service the loan account through the life cycle of the loan.

Co-lending partnership with HDFC will act as a cornerstone to the company's new balance-sheet light growth business model. Moreover, technology led co-lending will help the company offer convenient and seamless experience to its customers as well as help expand its reach to tier 3 and 4 towns, Indiabulls Housing said.

HDFC is the market leader of the domestic housing finance industry, with assets under management worth Rs5.5 trillion as of end of December 2020.

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our App Now!!

Close
×
Edit Profile
My ReadsRedeem a Gift CardLogout