L&T Finance shares rise over 5% to reach all-time high; what’s driving the rally?

Reports indicate that Bain Capital, through its affiliates BC Asia Investment VI and BC Asia Growth Investment, is planning to fully divest from L&T Finance Holdings by selling its current stake through a block deal.

Vaamanaa Sethi
First Published13 Jun 2024, 06:09 PM IST
L&T Finance share price rallied over 5% to reach all-time high on Thursday, June 13.
L&T Finance share price rallied over 5% to reach all-time high on Thursday, June 13.

The share price of L&T Finance surged over 5 per cent on Thursday's trading session, hitting a record high of 179, following Bain Capital's sale of 8.82 crore shares of the company through a block deal.

Reports indicate that Bain Capital, through its affiliates BC Asia Investment VI and BC Asia Growth Investment, is planning to fully divest from L&T Finance Holdings by selling its current stake through a block deal.

Bain Capital has sold its 3.5 per cent stake in L&T Finance, which had a market capitalization of   44,344.04 crore around 9:30 am.

Also read: Standard Chartered downgrades equities to ‘neutral’; suggests asset allocation for conservative and aggressive investors

Details about the buyers and sellers involved in the transaction are not currently disclosed by the exchanges. However, reports indicate that BNP Paribas Financial SNC is also partaking in the transaction, divesting a portion of its stake in L&T Finance alongside Bain Capital. The deal is reportedly valued at 1,500 crore.

According to reports, Bain Capital and BNP Paribas are seeking to sell their combined 3.54 per cent stake in the company at a floor price of 169.17 per share. If accurate, this price would represent a 0.85% discount from the stock’s previous closing price of 170.62 per share.

Previously, Bain Capital had sold a 2.82 per cent stake, equivalent to approximately 7 crore shares, in L&T Finance for 910 crore in September 2023 through a block deal, executed at 130 per share. Following this transaction, Bain Capital's stake in L&T Finance decreased to 1.2 per cent, while BNP Paribas Financial Markets retained a 2.43 per cent stake as of March 2024.

Also read: Vodafone Idea board gives nod to 2,458-crore fundraising via share sale to Nokia, Ericsson

As of March 2024, the company's public shareholding stands at 34.14 per cent, while the promoters and the promoter group hold the remaining 65.86 per cent.

L&T Finance shares witnessed a notable 61 per cent increase last year, with a 15 per cent rise in just two weeks. Over the past three months, the stock has shown a 19.6 per cent uptick on charts.

Catch all the Business News, Market News, Breaking News Events and Latest News Updates on Live Mint. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates.MoreLess

News in Numbers

Numbers that help you understand news better
$5 M

394,000

$112 B

12.1%

₹133.50 Cr

₹12,300 Cr

$136 M

First Published:13 Jun 2024, 06:09 PM IST
HomeMarketsStock MarketsL&T Finance shares rise over 5% to reach all-time high; what’s driving the rally?

Most Active Stocks

Indian Oil Corporation

174.50
03:59 PM | 11 JUL 2024
2.55 (1.48%)

Tata Steel

169.00
03:58 PM | 11 JUL 2024
1 (0.6%)

Bharat Petroleum Corporation

306.60
03:59 PM | 11 JUL 2024
6.25 (2.08%)

Oil & Natural Gas Corporation

304.80
03:57 PM | 11 JUL 2024
6.75 (2.26%)
More Active Stocks

Market Snapshot

  • Top Gainers
  • Top Losers
  • 52 Week High

Gujarat Pipavav Port

236.60
03:58 PM | 11 JUL 2024
16.85 (7.67%)

Oil India

551.45
03:58 PM | 11 JUL 2024
38.7 (7.55%)

Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders

5,739.10
03:55 PM | 11 JUL 2024
383.7 (7.16%)

Great Eastern Shipping Company

1,455.65
03:58 PM | 11 JUL 2024
93.9 (6.9%)
More from Top Gainers

Recommended For You

    More Recommendations

    Gold Prices

    • 24K
    • 22K
    Bangalore
    73,705.000.00
    Chennai
    74,722.000.00
    Delhi
    73,705.000.00
    Kolkata
    74,722.000.00

    Fuel Price

    • Petrol
    • Diesel
    Bangalore
    102.86/L0.00
    Chennai
    100.75/L0.00
    Kolkata
    104.95/L0.00
    New Delhi
    94.72/L0.00
    OPEN IN APP
    HomeMarketsPremiumInstant LoanMint Shorts