Rakesh Jhunjhunwala cuts stake in this Tata group company in June quarter

  • Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala now together hold 4.85% stake in the company, shareholding data showed

Livemint
Published15 Jul 2021, 09:30 AM IST
Trade Now
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala(Reuters)

Ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has further brought down his stake by 0.25% in Titan Company in the June 2021 quarter. Jhunjhunwala, an Indian Investor and trader invests in both his own name and his wife's, Rekha Jhunjhunwala. Jhunjhunwala has been described as India's 'Warren Buffett', and his investments are closely tracked by the market participants.

He cut his stake in the company to 3.72% in the first quarter of FY22 from 3.97% in the previous quarter. While his wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala's stake remained the same at 1.09% during the quarter. Now after the recent stake cut, he and his wife together hold 4.85% stake in the company as of June 2021.

As per Titan's June 2021 shareholding pattern on the BSE, Jhunjhunwala's stake stands at 3.72% or 3,30,10,395 shares, which is down from the previous quarter's 3.97% stake or 3,52,60,395 shares. Additionally, Rekha Jhunjhunwala's stake remained at 1.09% or 96,40,575 shares during the quarter.

December 2020 shareholding pattern showed that Jhunjhunwala held 4.23% stake in Titan Company whereas His wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala held the same 96,40,575 (1.09 per cent) shares. Together, they held 4,71,50,970 Titan shares which was 5.32%.

Shares of Titan were trading 0.5% lower at 1,701.3 per share on the BSE in Thursday's early deals. The stock is up over 76% in one year and just 9% this year (year-to-date). Titan had reported a Q4 net profit of 529 crore, up by 49% as compared to 357 crore year-on-year (YoY). The revenue for the fourth quarter was at 7,135 crore, up 61% from 4,429 crore in the same quarter last year.

Jhunjhunwala, a qualified Chartered Accountant, manages the asset firm Rare Enterprises. He tends to favor stocks in the finance, tech, retail and pharma sectors. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and Associates publicly holds 37 stocks with a net worth of over 19,219.8 crore, as per Trendlyne.

Catch all the Budget News , Business News , Market News , Breaking News Events and Latest News Updates on Live Mint. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates.

MoreLess

News in Numbers

Numbers that help you understand news better
$81 M

₹3,000 Cr

₹15,399 Cr

₹1.28 T

4,275 Kms

First Published:15 Jul 2021, 09:30 AM IST
HomeMarketsStock MarketsRakesh Jhunjhunwala cuts stake in this Tata group company in June quarter

Most Active Stocks

Tata Steel

160.30
03:59 PM | 24 JUL 2024
0.25 (0.16%)

Bharat Electronics

300.15
03:52 PM | 24 JUL 2024
-1.35 (-0.45%)

NTPC

392.55
03:50 PM | 24 JUL 2024
10.2 (2.67%)

Federal Bank

201.45
03:58 PM | 24 JUL 2024
3.45 (1.74%)
More Active Stocks

Market Snapshot

  • Top Gainers
  • Top Losers
  • 52 Week High

Castrol India

270.60
03:56 PM | 24 JUL 2024
24.05 (9.75%)

HBL Power Systems

648.35
03:58 PM | 24 JUL 2024
54.6 (9.2%)

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company

693.90
03:49 PM | 24 JUL 2024
56.3 (8.83%)

Borosil Renewables

560.70
03:57 PM | 24 JUL 2024
42.45 (8.19%)
More from Top Gainers

Recommended For You

    More Recommendations

    Gold Prices

    • 24K
    • 22K
    Bangalore
    71,412.00-3,783.00
    Chennai
    70,716.00-4,406.00
    Delhi
    70,716.00-4,332.00
    Kolkata
    70,716.00-4,845.00

    Fuel Price

    • Petrol
    • Diesel
    Bangalore
    102.86/L0.00
    Chennai
    100.78/L0.03
    Kolkata
    104.95/L0.00
    New Delhi
    94.72/L0.00
    OPEN IN APP
    HomeMarketsPremiumInstant LoanBudget