SBI to acquire 20% stake in SBI Pension Fund; details here | Mint
Active Stocks
Fri Feb 23 2024 15:58:13
  1. Tata Steel share price
  2. 145.50 -0.24%
  1. State Bank Of India share price
  2. 759.40 -0.86%
  1. HDFC Bank share price
  2. 1,420.90 0.08%
  1. NTPC share price
  2. 337.70 -0.54%
  1. ITC share price
  2. 411.60 -0.65%
Business News/ Markets / Stock Markets/  SBI to acquire 20% stake in SBI Pension Fund; details here
BackBack

SBI to acquire 20% stake in SBI Pension Fund; details here

SBI currently holds a 60 percent stake in SBI Pension Funds. Through this latest transaction, the company is set to increase its stake to 80 percent, acquiring the additional shares for a sum of ₹229.52 crore.

SBI to acquire 20% stake in SBI Pension Funds (REUTERS)Premium
SBI to acquire 20% stake in SBI Pension Funds (REUTERS)

The State Bank of India (SBI) on Tuesday announced that it is planning to acquire a 20% stake in SBI Pension Funds, which is held by SBI Capital Markets.

SBI currently holds a 60 percent stake in SBI Pension Funds. Through this latest transaction, the company is set to increase its stake to 80 percent, acquiring the additional shares for a sum of 229.52 crore. The remaining 20 percent stake in SBI Pension Funds is held by SBI Funds Management.

As of October 30, 2023, SBI Pension Funds boasts an Asset Under Management (AUM) of 3.83 lakh crore and a Profit After Tax (PAT) of 35.03 crore.

In its regulatory statement, SBI noted that both the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) have given their approval for the planned acquisition. Furthermore, they emphasised that the transaction is being executed at an "arm's length basis," based on the valuation report from M/s Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India.

The contemplated acquisition is being conducted through an arm's length approach, relying on the valuation report provided by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India, as disclosed in an exchange filing by the nation's largest lender.

SBI aims to finalise the acquisition by December 15, having already secured approvals from the RBI and the PFRDA for the proposed transaction.

Established in 2007, SBI Pension Funds holds the designation of being the appointed pension fund manager entrusted with the responsibility of overseeing the pension corpus within the National Pension System.

On December 5, SBI stock closed at 608.25, up 2.28% from the previous day’s close at 594.70 per share. In the past six months, SBI stock has nearly gained over 3.91%.

The State Bank of India (SBI), the country's largest lender, disclosed a robust 9.13% increase in its consolidated net profit for the September quarter, reaching 16,099.58 crore. This compares to a consolidated net profit of 14,752 crore in the corresponding period last year and 18,356 crore in the preceding June quarter.

Unlock a world of Benefits! From insightful newsletters to real-time stock tracking, breaking news and a personalized newsfeed – it's all here, just a click away! Login Now!

Catch all the Business News, Market News, Breaking News Events and Latest News Updates on Live Mint. Check all the latest action on Budget 2024 here. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates.
More Less
Published: 05 Dec 2023, 08:45 PM IST
Next Story footLogo
Recommended For You
GENIE RECOMMENDS

Get the best recommendations on Stocks, Mutual Funds and more based on your Risk profile!

Let’s get started
Switch to the Mint app for fast and personalized news - Get App