Latest Public Provident Fund (PPF), Sukanya Samridhi, NSC, Senior Citizen scheme interest rates after order withdrawn
The Government withdrew the lowered rate of interest on small savings schemes announced earlier
The Government today withdrew the steep cuts on interest rates on small savings schemes, announced last evening. The rollback comes on the day Bengal and Assam are voting in the second phase of state elections. The cuts in schemes would have hurt millions of middle-class depositors.
Also Read | Inside Mumbai’s new extortion economy
Here are the latest PPF, Sukanya Samridhi, and other small saving schemes interest rates after the rollback.
1) The rate of interest for savings deposits will fetch 4 per cent.
2) Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme will give a 7.6 per cent rate of interest.
3) Public Provident Fund will continue giving 7.1 per cent.
4) National Savings Certificate will fetch an interest rate of 6.8 per cent.
5) For Kisan Kisan Vikas Patra, depositors will get 6.6 per cent.
6) The rate of interest for the Senior Citizen Savings Scheme will be 7.6 per cent.
7) For schemes with quarterly compounding frequency, the interest of one-year to three-year time deposit - 5.5 per cent. For a five-year time deposit scheme- 6.7 per cent.
8) For the five-year recurring deposit, the interest will be 5.8 per cent.
Milestone Alert!Livemint tops charts as the fastest growing news website in the world 🌏 Click here to know more.