Aadhaar card lost? How to get a new one1 min read . Updated: 29 Sep 2019, 10:57 AM IST
- UIDAI has made provisions for Aadhaar card holders to order a reprint of the Aadhaar letter
- You can get another copy of your Aadhaar card in case you have lost one
If you have lost or misplaced your Aadhaar card, you need not worry. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made provisions for Aadhaar card holders to order a reprint of the Aadhaar letter. Aadhaar card is mandatory for various official purposes like filing income tax returns (ITR), getting a PAN card or to avail benefits of any government scheme.
An individual can get another copy of Aadhaar card from the official website of UIDAI by providing the enrollment number mentioned in the acknowledgement slip provided at the time of enrolling for the Aadhaar card.
Here is how you can get your duplicate copy of Aadhaar card in case you have lost one:
1) Log-in to the official UIDAI website.
2) Click on the 'Order Aadhaar Reprint' option.
3) Enter your Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrollment ID (EID).
4) Type in the security code as displayed on the screen and click on the 'Get OTP' button.
5) An OTP will be sent to the person's registered mobile number/e-mail address.
6) Input the OTP received on the mobile number and click on the 'Verify OTP' button.
7) The page will redirect to a payment gateway where you have to make a payment of ₹50 (inclusive of GST & speed post charges).
8) After successful payment, your Aadhaar card will be printed and sent to you via Speed Post within 15 days.
If you wish to use Time-Based-One-Time-Password (TOTP), please use m-Aadhaar app.
Besides, you can also change the address on your Aadhaar card either online or by visiting any nearby Aadhaar Centre. You can use any of the 44 documents listed on UIDAI website for updating your address in the Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar card users who want to update their details like photograph, biometrics, mobile number or email id, can now simply visit any of the official Aadhaar Seva Kendra and update these details without any documents. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has issued a notice that no documents will be required to update the personal information of the Aadhaar cardholders.