Aadhaar card update: Change your address through the new mAadhaar app1 min read . Updated: 01 Dec 2019, 07:04 AM IST
- The new Aadhaar app has two major sections— Aadhaar Services Dashboard and My Aadhaar Section
- mAadhaar is accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class in Indian Railways
To make the mAadhaar application more secure, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has launched its new version. The new Aadhaar app can be downloaded by both—Android and iOS users. According to the UIDAI, users should delete the previous version and install the new version immediately.
Here are the top features of the new mAadhaar app
1) With the mAadhaar in your smartphone, you do not need to carry the hard copy of Aadhaar card.
2) mAadhaar app is multilingual. It supports 13 languages, including English and 12 Indian languages— Hindi, Bengali, Odia, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Gujarati, Punjabi, Marathi and Assamese.
3) The mAadhaar app can be used for availing any of the Aadhaar related services like update address, verify Aadhaar, verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, request for Address Validation Letter and also check the status of various online requests.
4) A user can add maximum 3 profiles in his device, all having same mobile number registered in their Aadhaar. If members of your family have the same mobile number registered as you in their Aadhaar, you can add their profile in your device.
5) Through the mAadhaar app, the resident can also lock or unlock their Aadhaar or biometric authentication. This feature is to secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data of the resident. Biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar holder chose to either unlock it (which is temporary) or disable the Locking system.
6) mAadhaar is accepted as proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class in Indian Railways.
7) To avail personalised Aadhaar services, a user needs to register the Aadhaar profile in the mAadhaar app.
8) The new Aadhaar app has two major sections— a) Aadhaar Services Dashboard and b) My Aadhaar Section.
9) In mAadhaar app, users can locate enrolment Center to find the nearest Enrolment Center.
10) mAadhaar does not work offline. It needs to have proper internet connection to download data from UIDAI.