The Bharat bandh, a nationwide strike, will run from 11 am to 3 pm
Thousands of farmers who have camped out around Delhi have been protesting since September, demanding the immediate recall of the farm laws
Bharat Bandh today: A nationwide strike has been called by the protesting farmer unions to press for repeal of the Centre's farm laws today. The Bharat bandh will run from 11 am to 3 pm. Delhi Police have issued travel advisories to warn commuters of delays.
Roads closed or diverted due to the ongoing farmers' protest:
6) Tikri, Jharoda Borders are closed for any Traffic Movement.
7) Badusarai Border is open only for Light Motor Vehicle like Cars and two wheelers.
8) Jhatikara Border is open only for two wheeler traffic.
9) Available Open Borders to Haryana are following Borders Dhansa, Daurala, Kapashera, Rajokri NH 8, Bijwasan/Bajghera, Palam Vihar and Dundahera Borders.
10) Traffic on National Highways 9, 19, 24, 44 and 48 will be disrupted.
Thousands of farmers who have camped out around Delhi have been protesting since September, demanding the immediate recall of the farm laws. Five rounds of talks have failed to yield a breakthrough. The farmers are protesting against the Farmers' Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, the Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Act, 2020, and the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020.
Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!