In Modi 2.0 Cabinet revamp, big gains for Jyotiraditya Scindia, Anurag Thakur: Highlights
New portfolios have been allocated to the ministers who were inducted into the Union Cabinet and Council of Ministers today. Read to know about India's new Health, Education, Information & Broadcasting, and other ministers
In a big cabinet reshuffle by PM Modi today, Harsh Vardhan has been moved out of the health ministry and Mansukh Mandaviya has been given charge of the portfolio now. In other important changes made by PM Modi, Ashwani Vashnaw Rajya Sabha MP from Odisha, has been given the charge of Railways and IT ministry.
- RS Prasad, Javadekar remove 'minister' from their Twitter bios
Top BJP leaders Ravi Shankar Prasad and Prakash Javadekar have removed 'minister' from their bios on Twitter. The two leaders have tendered their resignations as ministers of the Union Cabinet to President Ram Nath Kovind earlier today.
- 'Strong and prosperous India': PM Modi after cabinet overhaul
"I congratulate all the colleagues who have taken oath today and wish them the very best for their ministerial tenure. We will continue working to fulfil aspirations of the people and build a strong and prosperous India," the PM tweeted.
- First meetings of renewed Union Cabinet to be held tomorrow
The meeting of the Cabinet and Council of Ministers (CoM) will be held on 8 July at 5 pm and 7 pm, respectively, as per reports.
- Meenakshi Lekhi thanks PM Modi after taking oath as MoS
After taking oath as MoS, Meenakshi Lekhi thanked PM Modi, Shah, and Nadda for giving her the opportunity. "I will sincerely carry out all the duties I get," she added.
- 36 new ministers and 7 elevations in team Modi
- Amit Shah congratulates 43 ministers sworn in today
Union Home Minister Amit Shah congratulated all 43 ministers who have been sworn in as Union Cabinet Ministers and as Ministers of State on Wednesday.
- After the mega Union cabinet expansion, portfolios will be announced soon, according to reports.
- 4 MPs from West Bengal take oath as Union ministers in the new Cabinet:
Nisith Pramanik (CoochBehar)
John Barla (Alipurduar)
Subhas Sarkar (Bankura)
Shantanu Thakur (Bangaon)
- Modi cabinet rejig: Here's the full list of new ministers
1) Narayan Rane
2) Sarbananda Sonowal
3) Virendra Kumar
4) Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia
5) Ramchandra Pratap Singh
6) Ashwini Vaishnav
7) Pashupati Nath Paras
8) Kiren Rijiju
9) RK Singh
10) Hardeep Singh Puri
11) Bhupendra Yadav
12) P Rupala
13) G Kishan Reddy
14) Anurag Singh Thakur
15) Pankaj Choudhary
16) Anupriya Patel
17) M Mandaviya
18) SP Baghel
19) R Chandrasekhar
20) S Karandlaje
21) Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma
22) Darshana Jardosh
23) Meenakshi Lekhi
24) Annapurna Devi
25) A Narayanaswamy
26) Kaushal Kishore
27) Ajay Bhatt
28) BL Verma
29) Devusinh Chauhan
30) Bhagwanth Khuba
31) Kapil M Patil
32) Pratima Bhoumik
33) Subhas Sarkar
34) Ajay Kumar
35) Bhagwath Karad
36) Rajkumar Singh
37) Bharati Pawar
38) Bishveswar Tudu
39) Shantanu Thakur
40) M Mahendrabhai
41) John Barla
42) L Murugan
43) Nisith Pramanik
- BL Verma, Ajay Kumar, Chauhan Devusinh, take oath as Union ministers.
- When the full CUPBOARD is in bad shape: Derek O'Brien takes a jibe at govt
Trinamool Congress leader Derek O'Brien took a swipe at the Centre over the Union Cabinet reshuffle. "When the full CUPBOARD is in bad shape, what do U do ? Change just the cabinet," the TMC MP tweeted.
- A Narayanaswamy, Kaushal Kishore and Ajay Bhatt take oath as Union ministers.
- Few sworn in as Cabinet ministers, others as MoS
As many as 15 people were sworn in as ministers of the Narendra Modi Cabinet by President Ram Nath Kovind today. Those are:
Dr Virendra Kumar
RCP Singh (JDU)
Pashupati Kumar Paras (LJP)
Raj Kumar Singh
Hardeep Singh Puri
G Kishan Reddy
- Meenakshi Lekhi, Lok Sabha MP from New Delhi, takes oath as minister of the Union Cabinet.
- Shobha Karandlaje and Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma take oath as ministers.
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, G Kishan Reddy sworn in as ministers of the Union Cabinet.
- President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to Anupriya Patel at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Wednesday.
- Anurag Thakur takes oath at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Wednesday.
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Bhupender Yadav take oath following their elevation.
- Pashupati Kumar Paras and Raj Kumar Singh take oath as ministers.
- Kiren Rijiju elevated to cabinet rank, takes oath.
- Ramachandra Prasad Singh and Ashwini Vasihnaw take oath as ministers.
- Jyotiraditya Scindia takes oath.
- Former Assam CM and BJP leader Sarbananda Sonowal takes oath.
- Narayan Rane takes oath as minister
Former Maharashtra CM Narayan Rane took oath as a minister.
- PM Modi at Rashtrapati Bhavan
PM Narendra Modi has arrived at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. The swearing-in ceremony of 43 new ministers will begin soon.
- 'Modi govt has utterly failed...': Chidambaram on resignations of ministers
Senior Congress leader and former union minister P Chidambaram took to Twitter today saying, "The resignations of the Union Health Minister and the MoS Health is a candid confession that the Modi government has utterly failed in managing the pandemic."