Coronavirus update: 23-year-old tests positive, first case in Chandigarh | Mint
Active Stocks
Fri Feb 23 2024 15:58:13
  1. Tata Steel share price
  2. 145.50 -0.24%
  1. State Bank Of India share price
  2. 759.40 -0.86%
  1. HDFC Bank share price
  2. 1,420.90 0.08%
  1. NTPC share price
  2. 337.70 -0.54%
  1. ITC share price
  2. 411.60 -0.65%
Business News/ News / India/  Coronavirus update: 23-year-old tests positive, first case in Chandigarh
BackBack

Coronavirus update: 23-year-old tests positive, first case in Chandigarh

A 23-year-old woman, with a travel history to the United Kingdom, has tested positive for coronavirus
  • Not a single suspected coronavirus patient is either missing or absconding in Punjab, Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu clarified
  • External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar interacts with immigration, health, security and airport officials regarding the coronavirus outbreak, at Delhi Airport (PTI)Premium
    External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar interacts with immigration, health, security and airport officials regarding the coronavirus outbreak, at Delhi Airport (PTI)

    Chandigarh: A 23-year-old woman, with a travel history to the United Kingdom, has tested positive for coronavirus in Chandigarh.

    The woman, a resident of Chandigarh who returned to Amritsar airport on March 15 developed fever and cold on Monday, which later subsided.

    However, her samples tested positive as per reports received from the Department of Virology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh.

    As of Wednesday, there were 151 cases of coronavirus in the country, including 25 foreign nationals. Three persons have died due to the infection so far in the country.

    Several states have already ordered the closure of all places of public gatherings including schools, colleges, clubs, swimming pools etc.

    Not a single suspected COVID-19 case missing: Punjab govt

    Not a single suspected coronavirus patient is either missing or absconding in Punjab, Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu clarified on Wednesday evening, categorically rejecting media reports to the contrary as "irresponsible and incorrect".

    The 167 missing persons referred to by the Ludhiana civil surgeon were not COVID-19 suspected cases but were merely people with foreign travel history who could not be traced due to incomplete contact details shared by the government of India, said Sidhu, amid reports suggesting that they were suspected coronavirus cases who had absconded or gone missing.

    All these persons had already been screened at the airports in Delhi, said the minister, adding that since the coronavirus outbreak, the government of India is sharing reports of passengers with international travel with all the states, including Punjab.A

    Unlock a world of Benefits! From insightful newsletters to real-time stock tracking, breaking news and a personalized newsfeed – it's all here, just a click away! Login Now!

    This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.

    Catch all the Business News, Market News, Breaking News Events and Latest News Updates on Live Mint. Check all the latest action on Budget 2024 here. Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates.
    More Less
    Published: 19 Mar 2020, 09:33 AM IST
    Next Story footLogo
    Recommended For You
    Switch to the Mint app for fast and personalized news - Get App