OPEN APP
Home / News / India /  Coronavirus update: Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah to remain closed till further order

Coronavirus update: Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah to remain closed till further order

A file photo of famous Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai (Photo: PTI)Premium
A file photo of famous Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai (Photo: PTI)

  • The Dargah administration said it has instructed all its employees to wear masks and has given hand sanitizers to everyone inside the Dargah premises
  • Maharashtra today reported two fresh cases of coronavirus, taking the state's total number of confirmed cases to 49

Amid the scare of coronavirus (also known as COVID-19), Mumbai's famous Haji Ali Dargah today closed the entry of visitors till further notice, News Agency ANI reported.

Earlier, the Dargah administration was taking proper precautions to avoid the deadly disease.

The Haji Ali Dargah is located on an islet off the coast of Worli in the southern part of Mumbai. The Dargah administration said it has instructed all its employees to wear masks and hand sanitizers have been provided to everyone inside the Dargah premises.

Maharashtra today reported two fresh cases of coronavirus, taking the state's total number of confirmed cases to 49.

The patients -- a 22-year-old woman from Mumbai with history of travel to the UK and a 49-year-old woman from Ulhasnagar who had travelled to Dubai -- are undergoing treatment at the Kasturba Gandhi Hospital.

Meanwhile, the Western Railway today decided to cancel AC local services in Maharashtra from tomorrow. The AC local trains will be replaced by non-AC suburban trains till March 31, said Western Railway PRO.

The most urbanized state in the country is the worst affected state in the country.

Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray today urged citizens to stay indoor. "Please try to remain indoors as far as possible, avoid all unnecessary commutes or travels and exercise precautions at all times," said Thackeray.

The state-run public transport bodies MSRTC and BEST yesterday announced that they will not allow passengers to travel by standing in their buses from Thursday. The state government decided to reduce the load on public transport services, including suburban locals, to 50%.

Thackeray government asked all to cooperate for the ongoing 'war against virus'.

The state government has also decided to keep government offices functional with 50% attendance and operate railway, state transport, private buses, metro, and public transport system at 50% capacity.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a 'pandemic'.

Coronavirus, which originated in China's Wuhan city, has so far spread to more than 100 countries.

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our App Now!!

Close
×
Edit Profile
My ReadsRedeem a Gift CardLogout