Coronavirus treatment: Ramdev's Patanjali launches Coronil kit for ₹5453 min read . Updated: 24 Jun 2020, 01:06 PM IST
Balkrishna had earlier this month claimed that an Ayurvedic medicine developed by the company has been able to cure Covid-19 patients within 3-14 days.
Patanjali on Tuesday launched 'Coronil and Swasari', what it claims is the Ayurvedic cure for treating COVID-19, which they said has been shown 100 per cent favourable results during clinical trials on affected patients, at Patanjali Yogpeeth in Haridwar. Acharya Balkrishna, MD of Patanjali Ayurved, claimed that an Ayurvedic medicine developed by the company has been able to cure COVID-19 patients within 3-14 days.
Highlights from the Patanjali's Coronil kit launch event:
Govt says it can't vouch for Patanjali's claims of having COVID-19 medicine
Ministry of AYUSH on Tuesday said it has taken cognizance of the news floating in media about Ayurvedic medicines developed for treatment of Covid-19 by Patanjali Ayurved Ltd. However, facts of the claim and details of the stated scientific study are not known to the Ministry and complete details of the supposed medicines have been sought, it said in a statement. Read full story
Baba Ramdev also claims that there are no side-effects of the corona medicines he is launching.
- A total of 100 coronavirus positive patients were recruited for the controlled clinical trial, Patanjali claims. Of which 95 were studied, 1 patient was lost on the follow up details and 4 patients withdrew consent between the study, claims Patanjali.
- Exclusion criteria for Patanjali clinical study plan (Claimed)
1) Severely symptomatic patients (SaO2 <90%)
2) Acute respiratory distress syndrome
3) Life expectancy less than 1 year due to other co-morbid conditions
- Inclusion criteria for Patanjali clinical study plan (Claimed)
1) RT-PCR confirmed cases
2) Age 15-60 years of age
- Two random groups were formed, 1) Placebo arm and, 2) treatment arm for the clinical study plan.
- Patanjali claims,
1) 100% recovery from coronavirus infection within 7 days treatment with Patanjali Ayurvedic medicines.
2) hsCRP and IL-6 levels were reduced in treatment group as compared to placebo group.
3) Ayurvedic treatment showed weaker IL-6 response implicating lesser chance of cytokine storm.
- We will also launch an e-commerce app for the delivery of the medicines within 2 hours for the order placement, says Acharya Balkrishna.
- We have used minerals with herbs to make this medicine even more effective, says Acharya Balkrishna.
- Patanjali claims that its corona medicine kit can also be taken as prevention for coronavirus.
- The Corona kit will be made available at just ₹545, says Acharya Balkrishna. The corona kit will have medicines for 30 days.
- We are testing the medications on mice and rats, says Patanjali.
- This medicine kit is not available anywhere for now, will be made available at Patanjali stores in a week, says Baba Ramdev.
- We started working on Corona medicines from December 2019, says Patanjali.
- We've prepared the first Ayurvedic-clinically controlled, research, evidence and trial based medicine for COVID19. We conducted a clinical case study&clinical controlled trial, and found 69% patients recovered in 3 days & 100% patients recovered in 7 days, says Baba Ramdev.
- We will even conduct tests on people on ventilators, says Baba Ramdev.
- This is not an immunity booster but a coronavirus cure, says Baba Ramdev.
- An app will be launched for the delivery of the Corona kit, says Baba Ramdev
- 0% death rate and 100% recovery rate has been observed, says Baba Ramdev.
- 69% of the people recovered within 3 days, says Baba Ramdev.
- We have done every research and will answer all questions, says Baba Ramdev.
- Patanjali has claimed that the controlled clinical trials was jointly conducted by Patanjali Research Institute, Haridwar and National Institute of Medical Sciences, Jaipur.
- We appointed a team of scientists after COVID-19 outbreak. Firstly, the simulation was done and compounds were identified which can fight the virus and stop its spread in the body. Then, we conducted a clinical case study on hundreds of positive patients and we have got 100 per cent favourable results, Balkrishna said.
"After taking our medicine, COVID patients recovered in 3-14 days and then tested negative. So, we can say the cure for COVID is possible through Ayurveda. We are performing controlled clinical trials only. In the next 4-5 days, evidence and data will be released by us," Balkrishna had earlier this month claimed.