The new Vande Bharat Express, which will run between Delhi to Katra, will have more comfortable seats
A look at some of features that makes the Vande Bharat Express so special
So finally, the wait for the much awaited Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express is over for the people visiting the shrine of Vaishno Devi. Home Minister Amit Shah flagged off the train from New Delhi Railway station today. The first Vande Bharat Express, which runs between Delhi and Varanasi, was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in February. So what are the features that makes the Vande Bharat Express so special?
Here is all you need to know about the Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express that will start commercial operations from 5th October:
2) Every coach will have CCTV cameras, LED screens highlighting the next stoppage, train speed and other information.
3) All the doors of coaches are automatically operated.
4) The new Vande Bharat Express, which will run between Delhi and Katra, will have better seats to provide a comfortable ride to passengers.
5)The high-speed Vande Bharat train will bring down the travel time between Delhi and Katra, the last station on the way to Vaishno Devi temple, to eight hours from the current 12 hours.
6) Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat train will run six days a week, except for Tuesdays.
7) The train journey between New Delhi to Sri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra will cost ₹1,630 in Chair Car coaches and ₹3,015 in Executive AC Chair Car coaches.
8) The new Vande Bharat Express will be more spacious in the pantry, as compared to the first Vande Bharat Express.
9) The new Vande Bharat Express has windows with a special provision to protect against stone-pelting and a cattle guard in the front to prevent damage to the train or derailment in case of cattle run.
10) Running at a maximum speed of 130 kmph, the train will have around two-minute halts.