Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is all set to run its first train — Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express — from October 4. From free travel insurance of ₹25 lakh each to luggage pick and drop service to all the passengers — IRCTC plans to introduce a host of new services in the new Tejas express. It will be the first train to be entirely run by IRCTC, a railway subsidiary. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will run six days a week, except Tuesdays. The train's fare will be 50% less than that of flights on the same route, according to media reports.
If you are planning to book a seat in the new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, here is all you need to know
1. Passengers can book tickets in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express via IRCTC website irctc.co.in or its mobile app. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters.
2. Travellers can also book tickets through IRCTC authorized agents. Train tickets of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be available through online travel portals such as like Paytm, Ixigo, PhonePe, Make My Trip, Google, Ibibo, Railyatri etc.
3. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express trains will have advance reservation period of 60 days. No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains. Children of age 5 years and above will be charged the full fare.
4. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will follow dynamic fare rule. Train will have different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons. The fares will be around 50% less than the price of flight tickets on the same route even during the peak season, PTI reported.
5. One air conditioned chair car coach of 78 seats of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, will be available for bulk booking on first cum first served basis, said IRCTC. This coach can be booked any time from the opening of booking and up to 3 days in advance of the departure of the train, IRCTC said in a statement.
Ticket cancellation and refund rules
1. If a passenger cancels ticket up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, ₹25 will be deducted as a clerkage charge. The rest of the balance will be refunded online. Indian Railways deduct ₹65 per passenger as clerkage from AC class passengers in such case.
2. If your wait-listed ticket is cancelled by IRCTC due to no seats available in the train, full amount will be refunded. No extra charge will be deducted.
3. If a partially confirmed ticket is cancelled after chart preparation and up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure of the train, full ticket amount will be refunded, IRCTC said in a press release.