NEW DELHI: Connecting more areas of the national capital city, the Union Cabinet today approved Delhi Metro’s fourth phase project comprising three new corridors. To be built at a cost of about ₹25,000 crore, the new Metro train corridors will consist of 46 stations, a government statement said.
The project will be implemented by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (DMRC), a 50:50 Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) of the Centre and Delhi government.
The new Metro train corridors will have 17 underground and 29 elevated stations over a 61.679 km stretch.
5 things to know about Delhi Metro expansion plans:
1) Aerocity to Tughlakabad Metro corridor will cover 15 stations — Aerocity, Mahipalpur, Vasantkunj Sector-D, Masoodpur, Kishangarh, Mehrauli, Lado Sarai, Saket, Saket G Block, Ambedkar Nagar, Khanpur, Tigri, Anandmayee Marg Junction, Tughlakabad RIy. Colony, Tughlakabad.
2) R. K Ashram to Janakpuri West Metro corridor will cover 25 stations — R.K. Ashram, Motiakhan, Sadar Bazar, Pulbangash, Ghanta Ghar/Sabzi Mandi, Rajpura, Derawal Nagar, Ashok Vihar, Azadpur, Mukundpur, Bhalaswa, Mukarba Chowk, Badli Mor, North Pitampura, Prashant Vihar, Madhuban Chowk, Deepali Chowk, Pushpanjali Enclave, West Enclave, Mangolpuri, Peeragarhi Chowk, Paschim Vihar, Meerabagh, Keshopur, Krishan Park Ext., Janakpuri West.
3) Maujpur to Mukundpur Metro corridor will have 6 stations — Yamuna Vihar, Bhajanpura, Khajuri Khas, Soorghat, Jagatpur Village, Burari.
4) The Tughlakabad - Aerocity corridor will further improve connectivity to the airport. The total network length of the Delhi Metro will cross the 400-kilometer mark after the completion of these corridors.
5) Once the new corridors are ready, Metro commuters will have more interchange stations with the existing lines of Delhi Metro. The improved connectivity will offer commuters more options of travel by optimization of routes, the statement said. The other three lines which are yet to receive the Cabinet's nod are Rithala-Bawana, Inderlok-Indraprastha, and Lajpat Nagar-Saket G Block.