The walkway links Sector 52 station of Blue Line with Sector 51 of Aqua Line
Commuters have been waiting for long to get such a facility for travelling between Greater Noida and Delhi
The opening of a 300 metre-long walkway connecting Delhi Metro's Blue Line with Aqua Line of Noida Metro is a major relief for daily commuters. The walkway links Sector 52 station of Blue Line with Sector 51 of Aqua Line. Commuters have been waiting for long to get such a facility for travelling between Greater Noida, some sectors of Noida and Delhi. The walkway, built by the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC), was inaugurated by Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) on Sunday.
Here are 10 things to know about Blue Line-Aqua Line metro walkway:
1) The Blue Line-Aqua Line Metro walkway is covered from the top to prevent passengers from getting exposed to changes in weather.
2) Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) has also provided free solar-powered E-rickshaw services in this stretch to facilitate connectivity between the two metro rail networks.
3) The walkway has been constructed separately from the main road. Two-wheelers, four-wheelers, and heavy commercial vehicles are barred from entering the stretch.
4) The route will be made more commuter-friendly and NMRC will create a provision for parking space, Durga Shankar Mishra had said after inaugurating the walkway.
5) Noida Authority will help NMRC to make the walkway more commuter-friendly by providing free public convenience services in coming days.
A 300m walkway between Sec-51 of NMRC's Aqua Line & Sec-52 of DMRC's Blue Line was inaugurated today by Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, @Secretary_MoHUA. The walkway built by Noida Metro Rail Corporation will facilitate those traveling to Greater Noida from various parts of Delhi. pic.twitter.com/FcPDgzF5LA
6) Landscaping has been done along the Blue Line-Aqua Line Metro walkway to provide aesthetic appeal.
7) The Blue Line-Aqua Line Metro walkway has space for cafe or vendor zone as part of future planning where small stalls and cafes will be opened.
8) The nearly 30-km long Aqua connects Sector 51 in Noida to Depot Station in Greater Noida.
NMRC has built the walkway connecting Sector 51 of Aqua Line & Sector 52 of DMRC's Blue Line. Keeping in mind the comfort of passengers, NMRC had also provided free solar powered E–rickshaw services in this stretch to facilitate connectivity between the two metro rail networks. pic.twitter.com/J1p7JlX9sa