The services of Delhi Metro will be partially curtailed on Republic Day (January 26) as part of the security arrangements for the Republic Day celebrations as per the instructions of Delhi Police. All metro parking lots will remain closed from 6 am on the 25th of January to 2 pm on the 26th of January, 2020.
"Metro services on the HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli, and Kashmere Gate to Raja Nahar Singh routes have been partially modified for 26th January 2020," the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said in a statement.
HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli (Line 2)
- Entry and exit at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan metro stations will remain closed from start of revenue services till 12 noon.
- Patel Chowk and Lok Kalyan Marg metro stations entry and exit will remain closed from 8:45am to 12 noon.
- Central Secretariat station will only be used for interchange of passengers between Line 2 and Line 6.
Kashmere Gate-Raja Nahar Singh (Line 6)
- The metro stations on Line-6 namely ITO, Delhi Gate, Lal Quila, Jama Masjid will remain open throughout the day.
- However, certain entry/exit gates at these stations will remain closed from start of revenue services till 12 noon - ITO (Gate No. 3, 4 & 6), Delhi Gate (Gate No. 1, 4 & 5), Lal Quila (Gate No. 4) and Jama Masjid (Gate No. 3 & 4)
In addition, metro services on Phase-III corridors where services for public generally start at 8 am on Sundays, will also commence at 6 am this Sunday i.e, on 26th January only to facilitate public to attend R-Day celebrations.
- Dilshad Garden – Shaheed Sthal (New Bus Adda) (Line 1)
- Jahangirpuri – Samaypur Badli (Line 2)
- Noida City Centre – Noida Electronic City (Line 3& Line 4)
- Mundka – Brigadier Hoshiyar Singh (Line 5)
- Badarpur Border – Raja Nahar Singh (Ballabhgarh) (Line 6)
- Majlis Park – Mayur Vihar Pocket-1 (Line 7)
- Ex Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake – Shiv Vihar (Line 7)
- Janak Puri West – Botanical Garden (Line 8)
- Dwarka -Najafgarh (Line 9)
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has increased the safety and security measures across all Delhi Metro stations a week before Republic Day, for ensuring the safety of passengers on all days, during regular operations.