From delay to cover against theft: 10 first-time benefits of new Tejas Express
1 min read.Updated: 08 Oct 2019, 04:52 PM IST
Edited By Sangeeta Ojha
With the new Delhi to Lucknow Tejas Express train, IRCTC has introduced several new features
Just like in flights, meals will also be served by onboard service staff by trolleys
India's first private semi-high speed train — Tejas Express— which started its commercial operations on Saturday was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. Passengers will now get to travel between Delhi to Lucknow comfortably and with world class luxury. With the new Delhi to Lucknow Tejas Express train, IRCTC has introduced several new features. To many, the new Tejas Express is a premium version of the Shatabdi Express category of air-conditioned chair-car trains.
The new IRCTC Tejas Express train has several new features.
1) Passengers onboard the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express are given biodegradable packaged drinking water bottles. This is the first time that IRCTC has taken such an eco-friendly measure by using degradable bottles.
2) Operated by IRCTC, Delhi to Lucknow Tejas Express is the first train to be operated by a private player.
3) In a first, passengers will be paid for any delay on an hourly basis. Passengers travelling in the Tejas Express will be compensated with ₹100 if the delay is for over an hour. The amount will rise to ₹250 in case the train is delayed by more than two hours.
4) Each passenger travelling in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will get a free insurance of ₹25 lakh.
5) The insurance cover includes ₹1 lakh insurance against theft or robbery during the travel.
6) There will be exclusive luggage pick and drop services available for the passengers of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express.
7) Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will have an advanced reservation booking period of 60 days. However, Tatkal ticket booking facility will not be available.
8) In the new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, food is compulsory and charges would be collected at the time of ticket booking. Apart from food, there will be an option of free coffee and tea vending machines.
9)Just like in flights, meals will be served by onboard service staff by trolleys.
10)IRCTC will offer the executive lounge facility at New Delhi railway station at a reduced rate to passengers of the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express.