Aadhaar card: How to update your address online and track status1 min read . Updated: 06 Jan 2020, 09:31 AM IST
- Aadhaar card: Only those individuals whose mobile numbers are registered with UIDAI will be able to change address online
- To check your Aadhaar status, you will need your Enrolment ID
Aadhaar cardholders will no longer have to wait in queues and pay any charges to get their address changed. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has provided the facility through which you can update or change the address mentioned in your Aadhaar card. You can update or change your address online. Only those individuals whose mobile numbers are registered with UIDAI will be able to do it. Since online transactions are one-time password (OTP) authenticated, mobile number is mandatory for online update to receive OTP.
1) Visit UIDAI website.
2) If you have the valid documents, then you can update the address by clicking on the 'Proceed to update Address' tab.
3) Enter the details, upload a valid supporting document and Submit.
4) In case, you do not have address proof. You can still update your address online with the option of address validation letter.
5)'Request for Address Validation Letter' is a four-step process
-Resident initiates request
-Address verifier consents
-Resident submits request
-Use secret code to complete
Updating address on Aadhaar card by visiting Aadhaar enrolment centre
The address on your Aadhar card can also be updated by visiting your nearest Aadhaar centre. You need to carry valid and original documents for updation at these centres. Original documents will be scanned and handed back to you.
Check status of your online address update request using Update Request Number (URN). You can also check the status of your Request for generating Address Validation Letter, by using Service Request Number (SRN).
How to check your Aadhaar status
To check your Aadhaar status, you will need your Enrolment ID (EID). You can find this number on top of the enrolment slip. The slip consists of a 14-digit number and 14-digit date and time. These 28 digits are together called EID.
Steps to check your Aadhaar status online
-Visit UIDAI website
-Enter Enrolment ID (EID) and time of enrolment
-Enter Captcha Verification
-Click on the ‘Check Status’ button.