Hyderabad rains updates: Downpour continues, 15 killed, two-day holiday declared2 min read . Updated: 14 Oct 2020, 07:38 PM IST
- Total 15 people have lost their lives in Hyderabad due to incessant downpour, since last night
- Heavy to very heavy rain is likely continue in the next 24 hours
Fifteen people have died in Hyderabad in rain related incidents, following incessant rainfall that lashed the city and different parts of Telangana, leading to waterlogging on roads and inundation of some low-lying areas.
Here are the live updates:
- PM Narendra Modi speaks to Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao & Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jaganmohan Reddy regarding the situation rising out of heavy rainfall in the states; assures them of all possible help from the Centre.
- Telangana: Total 15 people have lost their lives in Hyderabad due to incessant downpour, since last night. Out of 15, three people died after wall of a house collapsed in Gaganpahad area of Shamshabad in Hyderabad last night, owing to heavy rainfall.
- Minister for municipal administration and urban development KT Rama Rao and animal husbandry minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav hold an emergency meeting with senior officials and review the rescue and relief operations in Hyderabad
- Telangana govt declares holiday for today and tomorrow for all private institutions/ offices /non-essential services with work-from-home advisory. People advised to stay indoors unless there is an emergency.
- The depression over Telangana is very likely to move further westnorthwestwards & gradually weaken into a 'well-marked low-pressure area' during next 12 hours: India Meteorological Department (IMD)
- People were advised to stay indoors for the next two days as more rains are expected in the state.
- Power supply was suspended in most parts of the state capital on Tuesday as a precaution, the officials said adding the measure was taken for public safety.
- Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development K T Rama Rao and Animal Husbandry Minister Talasani Srinivas Yadav held an emergency meeting with senior officials and reviewed the rescue and relief operations in the city.
- Heavy rainfall led to waterlogging on several roads and low lying areas in the city.
- Nehru Zoological Park in Hyderabad sees waterlogging due to heavy rainfall.
- Vanasthalipuram, Dammaiguda, Attapur Main Road, and Musheerabad areas of Hyderabad were severely waterlogged due to incessant rainfall.
- Due to heavy rainfall and flooding in various parts of Hyderabad, Osmania University has postponed all exams scheduled today and tomorrow.According to the Controller of Examinations, Osmania University, Hyderabad, examinations from 16 October will be conducted as per timetable.
- "All exams under the jurisdiction of Osmania University scheduled on 14 and 15 October are postponed due to torrential rains. Exams from 16 October will be conducted as per timetable. Schedule of postponed exams will be informed
- Rainwater flooded into houses in Agamaya Nagar, Bank Colony, Hakkimbad, Sainath Colony, Gandesh Nagar in Vanasthalipuram of Rangareddy district.
- As many as 33 passengers of a state-run bus were rescued after the vehicle got stuck owing to water-logging on a road at Uppal , police said.
- Heavy to very heavy rain is very likely to occur at isolated places including Hyderabad on Wednesday and Thursday
- Rivulets and other water bodies were in spate in Bhadradri-Kothagudem district in the state, following heavy rains and the administration has advised people not to travel on or cross such rivulets and inundated roads.
- Nine persons died when a boundary wall collapsed in Mohammedia Hills in Bandlaguda due to heavy the rains here in the past two days, Hyderabad Lok Sabha MP Asaduddin Owaisi tweeted on Wednesday.