Starting from October 4, Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will run six days a week, except Thursday
IRCTC is planning to provide the passengers an exclusive luggage pick and drop service
India's first private train Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express is all set to start its journey from the next month. It will be the first train of Indian Railways that will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). Starting from October 4, Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will run six days a week, except Thursday. The IRCTC has not announced the ticket prices yet but it will be 50% less than the flight tickets operating in Delhi-Lucknow route, according to the media reports.
To make your journey more comfortable and hassle free, IRCTC is planning to introduce a slew of new services in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. Take a look
1. IRCTC is all set to change how you travel in trains. They are planning to provide the passengers an exclusive luggage pick and drop service. IRCTC will pick up your luggage from home and deliver them in the train and again deliver it from the train to your destination. There will be an extra charge for this luggage pick up and drop service and all the luggage will be insured by IRCTC.
2. For the new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, IRCTC will also extend the facilities of taxi hiring, hotel bookings to those passengers who need it.
3. All passengers travelling by Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be provided a free insurance of up to ₹10 lakh by IRCTC.
4. Passengers of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be allowed to use executive lounge of the New Delhi railway station. The facility of using retiring rooms at Lucknow junction station will also be provided.
5. No Tatkal tickets will be available in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. Children above the age of 5 will be charged full fare in the train.
6. Just like flight, meals will be served by on-board service staff in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train. Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers. IRCTC is also contemplating on sale of merchandise goods on board to its passengers on these trains.
7. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will have advance reservation period of 60 days. No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains.
8. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will follow dynamic fare scheme. Train will have different series of fares for lean, busy and festive seasons, said IRCTC.
9. Ticket booking: An air-conditioned chair car coach of 78 seats of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, will be available for bulk booking on first cum first served basis, said IRCTC. This coach can be booked any time from the opening of booking and up to 3 days in advance of the departure of the train, said IRCTC.
10. Passengers can book tickets in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express via IRCTC website irctc.co.in or its mobile app. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters.