NEW DELHI :
Country's first private train Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express started its maiden journey today as Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off the train from Lucknow. It will be the first train of Indian Railways that will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). The regular service of Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will commence from tomorrow. The new Tejas Express will cover the distance between Delhi and Lucknow in six hours fifteen minutes.
"It is the first corporate train of the country. I congratulate the first batch of passengers travelling in it & hope such initiatives are taken to connect other cities also," said Uttar Pradesh chief minister.
All you need to know about Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express:
1) In a first, IRCTC will offer a refund to travellers if the train gets delayed. If the Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express delays for over an hour, passengers will get a compensation of ₹100. For delay of two hours and more, the passengers will receive ₹250, IRCTC said.
2) IRCTC is all set to change the way you travel in Indian Railways. They are planning to provide passengers an exclusive luggage pick and drop service. IRCTC will pick up your luggage from home and deliver it in the train and again deliver it from the train to your destination.
3) All passengers travelling by Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be provided a free insurance of up to ₹25 lakh by IRCTC.
4) Passengers can book tickets in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express via IRCTC website or its mobile app. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters.
5) The Lucknow to New Delhi ticket prices for IRCTC's Tejas Express will be ₹1,125 for AC chair car and ₹2,310 for executive chair car. While a ticket on the reverse journey will cost ₹1,280 for AC chair car passengers and ₹2,450 for those opting for executive chair car.
6)Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will have advance reservation period of 60 days. There will be no facility of 'tatkal' ticket in the Tejas Express.
7)Starting from October 5, Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will run six days a week, except on Tuesday. The Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will begin its journey from Lucknow at 6.10 am, and reach Delhi at 12.25 pm. On its return journey, the train will leave New Delhi at 4.30 pm and will reach Lucknow at 10.45 pm.
8)Children of age 5 years and above will be charged the full fare. No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains.
9)Passengers travelling in AC chair car, executive chair car of the Tejas Express will also have the option of choosing combo meals on board. The catering charges of ₹185 for AC chair car and ₹245 for executive chair car are included in the ticket prices— for the full length of the journey (Lucknow to Delhi).
10) Just like flights, meals will also be served by on-board service staff in the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train. Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers. IRCTC is also contemplating on sale of merchandise goods on board to its passengers on these trains.