India's first private train, Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, will be open for online booking from Saturday. It will be the first train of Indian Railways that will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). The much-awaited Tejas express will cover the distance between Delhi and Lucknow in six hours and fifteen minutes. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will run six days a week except Thursday.
The fare for Lucknow to New Delhi Tejas Express will be ₹1,125 for AC chair car and ₹2,310 for executive chair car, according to a PTI report.
The price for AC chair car tickets from Lucknow to Kanpur will be ₹320 and for executive chair car it will be ₹630. For AC chair, the Lucknow to Ghaziabad ticket will cost ₹1,125. For the same route, the ticket will cost ₹2,310 for executive chair car.
The New Delhi to Lucknow Tejas Express ticket will be priced at ₹1,280 for AC chair car passengers and ₹2,450 for executive chair car, PTI said in a report.
The AC chair car fare between Delhi and Kanpur will be ₹1,155 and for executive chair car it will be ₹2,155, the officials told PTI.
The fares will vary along all the sections as the new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will operate on the flexi-fare scheme.
All you need to know about Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express ticket booking
1. Passengers can book tickets in Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express via IRCTC website irctc.co.in or its mobile app. There will be no booking at railway reservation counters.
2. Travellers can also book tickets through IRCTC authorized agents. Train tickets of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be available through online travel portals such as like Paytm, Ixigo, PhonePe, Make My Trip, Google, Ibibo, Railyatri etc.
3. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express trains will have advance reservation period of 60 days. No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains. Children of age 5 years and above will be charged the full fare.
4. The fares will vary along all the sections as the new Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will operate on the flexi-fare scheme.
5. One air conditioned chair car coach of 78 seats of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express, will be available for bulk booking on first cum first served basis, said IRCTC. This coach can be booked any time from the opening of booking and up to 3 days in advance of the departure of the train, IRCTC said in a statement.
Ticket cancellation and refund rules
1. If a passenger cancels ticket up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, ₹25 will be deducted as a clerkage charge. The rest of the balance will be refunded online. Indian Railways deduct ₹65 per passenger as clerkage from AC class passengers in such case.
2. If your wait-listed ticket is cancelled by IRCTC due to no seats available in the train, full amount will be refunded. No extra charge will be deducted.
3. If a partially confirmed ticket is cancelled after chart preparation and up to 30 minutes before scheduled departure of the train, full ticket amount will be refunded, IRCTC said in a press release.