Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express will be uniquely numbered and operated by loco, pilots, guards and station masters of railways
The fares of Ahmedabad- Mumbai Central and Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be flexible and will be decided by the IRCTC
Indian Railways is now mulling over to hand the operations of the Ahmedabad- Mumbai Central Tejas Express to its subsidiary, Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) for private operations, according to a PTI report. Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express was the first train to be handed over to the private players. The move is part of the proposal of the Railway Board in its 100-day plan to bring in private train operators to provide world-class passenger service.
Here are ten things to know about the Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central and Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express trains:
1) The fares of Ahmedabad- Mumbai Central and Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be flexible and will be decided by the IRCTC.
2) According to the PTI report, no concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on Tejas Express running between Ahmedabad-Mumbai and Delhi-Lucknow.
3) The railways also said on-board ticket checking on these trains will not be done by the railway staff.
4) The services of Ahmedabad-Mumbai and Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be at par with the Shatabdi Express trains.
5) The Tejas Express will have premium services like personalised LCD entertainment-cum-information screens fitted at the back of every seat, on-board Wi- Fi facility, comfortable seats and mobile charging points.
6) These Tejas Express trains will be uniquely numbered and operated by loco, pilots, guards and station masters of railways.