1 min read.Updated: 24 Dec 2019, 09:50 AM IST Written By Sangeeta Ojha
Veg breakfast in IRCTC outlets in railway stations will cost ₹35, while you will have to pay ₹45 for non-veg breakfast
Chicken Biryani will now cost ₹100
The Ministry of Railways has revised tariff of standard meals on static units in railway stations. In an exchange filing, the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) said "Ministry of Railways has revised the tariff of Standard Meals on Static Units over Indian Railways." The notification of the revised menu and tariff of standard meals for Express/Mail trains sought clarification regarding applicability of the revised menu and tariff of standard meals on static units like Refreshment Rooms, Jan Ahaars etc.
1) The request of IRCTC has been examined and now the revised tariff of standard meals/items for static units on Indian Railways are as under.
3) The circular of Ministry of Railways also said that all other instructions regarding menu of standard items, menu and tariff of Janta meals, and implementation of the same on other mail/express trains shall be applicable for static units also.
4) IRCTC and Zonal Railways shall ensure that tariff increase results in visible improvement in quality and hygiene of foods. To achieve this objective, intensive inspections shall be carried out.
5) Tariff revision shall not accrue any undue benefit to the service provider.
IRCTC shares were marginally lower at ₹864.50 on the BSE.
Revised service-wise tariff for Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains
Breakfast will cost ₹140 and ₹105 in AC first and AC second, AC third of Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains, respectively. For lunch and dinner, you will have to pay ₹245 in AC first and ₹185 in AC second and third AC of Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains. For evening tea, you will have to shell out ₹140 in AC first and ₹90 in AC second and third of Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto trains.
Passengers travelling in sleeper class of Duronto trains will have to pay ₹65 for breakfast, ₹120 for lunch/dinner and ₹50 for evening tea.
Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!