IRCTC's new Tejas Express trains to offer exclusive benefits for passengers1 min read . Updated: 11 Sep 2019, 04:58 PM IST
- Passengers can now enjoy facilities including hotel bookings, taxi services in the new Tejas Express trains
- No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains
Passengers travelling by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) operated Delhi-Lucknow and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express trains can now enjoy facilities including hotel bookings, taxi services and baggage pick-and-drop among others. Apart from this, IRCTC would also provide wheelchair facility to the sick and needy people, Railway Board Chairman V K Yadav said. "The IRCTC has come up with so many things. They can provide food of your choice, provide taxi facility from house to the station and station to the house, baggage services like picking up baggage from home to station, entertainment services, provide wheelchair. They are free to do anything," News Agency PTI quoted Yadav as saying.
1) Delhi-Lucknow and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express trains will be the first trains to be run by the IRCTC, a railway subsidiary, becoming test cases for Indian Railways move to hand over certain trains to private operators.
2) These Tejas trains will have modern coaches with state-of-the-art interiors, LED television, call buttons, automatic doors and CCTV cameras.
3) Delhi-Lucknow and Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express trains will also be the only ones on the rail network where on-board ticket checking will not be done by the railway staff, but by IRCTC personnel.
4) No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains. Also, children above the age of 5 years will be charged full fare
5) These will also likely be the first trains wherein passengers will be offered ₹50 lakh travel insurance from private companies, PTI reported.
The Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will begin operations from 4th October, while Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express will hit the tracks in December.