IRCTC's Tejas trains fares to be less than 50% of flight ticket prices: Report1 min read . Updated: 30 Aug 2019, 03:46 PM IST
- The ticket prices of these two Tejas trains will remain lesser than flights during peak season
- The services of Ahmedabad-Mumbai and Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express trains will be at par with the Shatabdi Express trains
New Delhi: Ticket prices of Ahmedabad-Mumbai and Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express trains which will be operated by the Indian Railway Tourism and Catering Corporation (IRCTC), will be 50% less than that of flights operating on the same routes, according to a PTI report. Railways will offer 25% discount from September in some trains including Tejas Express. This discount will be offered in trains like Shatabdi Express, Tejas Express, Gatiman Express, Double Decker, Intercity trains among others from September. Tweeting about it Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said, "Great news! Up to 25% discount on train fares."
Here are 10 things to know about IRCTC's operated Tejas trains fares:
1) IRCTC has been given the "flexibility" to fix the fares of the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express and the Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas Express
2) It is worth mentioning that the ticket prices of these trains will remain lesser than flights during peak season. However, these trains will neither offer concession nor quota to any passenger even if they belong to the "VIP" category.
3) No concessions, privileges or duty passes will be allowed on these trains
4) Also, children above the age of 5 years will be given no concession and they will also be charged a full fare, according to PTI.
5) While Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the railways and IRCTC is yet to be signed after which all the details will be finalised, it is expected that the Delhi-Lucknow Tejas will begin operations in October while the second one will begin in November.
6) The services of these two trains will be at par with the Shatabdi Express trains.
7) The railway board has said that in case of any accident, the IRCTC passengers will be treated at par with railway passengers and will be eligible for accident-related claims.
8) IRCTC will be allowed to use the railways' web portal for ticketing for a year and the revenue accounts of these two trains will be maintained separately, PTI reported.
9) The railways also said on-board ticket checking on IRCTC trains will not be done by the railway staff.
10) The Tejas Express will have premium services like personalised LCD entertainment-cum-information screens fitted at the back of every seat, on-board Wi- Fi facility, comfortable seats and mobile charging points.