OPEN APP
Home >News >India >Karnataka's 3rd Covid-19 death sends govt tracing man's fellow train passengers

Bengaluru: In the third COVID-19 fatality in Karnataka, a 60-year-old man died at a hospital in Tumakuru on Friday hours after his test result came positive for coronavirus infection along with that of six others as the total cases in the state rose to 62. The man had no travel history to any foreign country, but had visited Delhi and returned by train earlier this month, following which he developed certain symptoms, officials said.

In a tweet, state Health and Family Welfare Minister B Sriramulu confirmed the death was due to coronavirus infection. "He (60-year-old) had a history of travel to Delhi by train on March 13....His 24 high-risk primary contacts have been traced of which 13 are isolated in designated hospital. 8 tested negative and 3 are healthcare professionals who are house quarantined," a health department mid-day update said. Earlier, district officials had put the age of the man as 65.

"All passengers who travelled with him on the train are being traced," said Dr K Rakesh Kumar, Dy Commissioner Office,Tumakuru, Karnataka. "Today morning we got official report also... and around 10:45 am the patient died," he said.

This is the third coronavirus fatality in the state. Earlier this month, a 76-year old Kalaburagi man died due to co-morbidity and was also tested positive for COVID- 19, becoming the country's first coronavirus death. A 70-year old woman from Chikkaballapura district who returned from Mecca in Saudi Arabia died on March 24 at a designated hospital here, becoming the second fatality.

This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our App Now!!

Close
×
Edit Profile
My ReadsRedeem a Gift CardLogout