1 min read.Updated: 14 Jan 2020, 10:26 AM IST Edited By Sangeeta Ojha
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express will be the second private train to be operated by IRCTC
India's second private train Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express will only have six stoppages
The second Tejas Express train will start its commercial operations between Mumbai-Ahmedabad from 19th January 2020. The new Tejas Express train, that will run between Mumbai and Ahmedabad, will be the second private train to be operated by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). "New year bonanza for the people of Gujarat & Maharastra : Now travel faster, more comfortably in state-of-the-art new Ahmedabad - Mumbai Central- Ahmedabad Tejas Express. Inaugural run on 17th January, 2020. Regular run from 19th January, 2020," Ministry of Railways said in a tweet.
New year bonanza for the people of Gujarat & Maharastra : Now travel faster, more comfortably in state-of-the-art new Ahmedabad - Mumbai Central- Ahmedabad Tejas Express. Inaugural run on 17th January, 2020. Regular run from 19th January, 2020. pic.twitter.com/7jfvzEfPDE
Here is all you need to know about the fare, timings, schedule of the new Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express, which will hit the tracks this week:
1) Ahmedabad to Mumbai Tejas Express (train no. 82902) will depart from Ahmedabad at 6.40 am and reach Mumbai Central at 1.10 pm.
2) On its return journey, Mumbai to Ahmedabad Tejas Express (train no. 82901) will depart from Mumbai Central at 3.40 pm and arrive in Ahmedabad at 9.55 pm.
3) The new Tejas Express on Mumbai to Ahmedabad route will run six days a week, except Thursday.
4)India's second private train Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express will only have six stoppages - Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali stations.
5) Tejas Express contains all the modern facilities with the state-of-art interior, personalised reading lights, AC coaches, mobile charging points, CCTV cameras, bio-toilets, LED TV, automatic doors and many more.
6) The train will have an executive class air conditioned chair car with 56 and nine air-conditioned chair car coaches with a capacity of 78 passengers each.
7) Meals will be served by on-board service staff in Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas Express. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train. Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers.
8) IRCTC will give compensation to passengers for any delay in Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central-Ahmedabad Tejas Express. Rail travel insurance will be free of cost.
9) Tejas train tickets have dynamic pricing, tickets can be booked through www. irctc.co.in and 'IRCTC Rail Connect' Mobile app only. On cancellation, automatic full refund on confirmed/waitlisted e-tickets
10) No tatkal, premium tatkal quota applicable in the new Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express trains.
In October, the IRCTC started the first Tejas Express train between Lucknow and New Delhi.
Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!