Uttam rake: Indian Railways introduce first non-AC local train with CCTV cameras
Only two Uttam rakes have built at the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai, out of which the other has been given to South Central Railway
The Uttam rake is equipped with better seats, CCTV cameras, red emergency buttons, anti-dent partitions, modular luggage racks
Indian Railways’ Western Railway Zone has introduced state of the art ‘Uttam Rake’ for the local trains in Mumbai.
The rake will feature posters about Western Railway’s journey as an effective transport medium, various landmarks of Mumbai, inspirational quotes and posters of iconic women achievers to make the journey more enriching and delightful. Only two Uttam rakes have built at the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai, out of which the other has been given to South Central Railway.
Features of the Uttam Rake
- Provision of CCTV Surveillance System in all coaches
- Anti-dent partitions in coaches to prevent thefts
- Modular Luggage rack
- High backrest seats in First Class coaches
- Provision of Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) seats in Second Class coaches with wooden finishing for better aesthetics
- Improved Dual Lock Stopper with dual slot handles windows in all coaches
- Wider and improved grab handles for better grip
- Latest Brushless DC (BLDC) fans in all coaches which consumes 30% less energy than conventional fans
- Provision of modular type diffused LED lights
- Electrically operated Passenger Alarm System in place of traditional emergency chains
- Smooth finished corrugated FRP ceiling and Wooden finished Roof Ventilation Duct Area to enhance the aesthetic appeal of coach interior
- Provision of camouflaged aluminium moulded strips on floor to discourage theft
- Stainless steel protective plate near all passenger seats to avoid colour fading due to footwear friction.
- Red emergency buttons.
Western Railways introduced world’s first ever Ladies Special local train on 5th May, 1992 and India’s first ever Air-Conditioned EMU train on 25th December, 2017 on Mumbai Suburban section.
"Exciting news! Mint is now on WhatsApp Channels 🚀 Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest financial insights!" Click here!