Noida-Greater Noida, connecting Gaur City, metro extension: 10 things to know2 min read . Updated: 07 Dec 2019, 04:31 PM IST
- The work on Noida-Greater Noida, connecting Gaur City, metro extension will start in three months
- The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath
The construction of the ₹2,682 crore Aqua Line extension will begin soon. The Uttar Pradesh government has approved the construction of an extension of the Aqua Line to Noida Extension and Greater Noida Knowledge Park–V. The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting chaired by UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
"The approval for an extension metro rail line was given during a meeting of the cabinet ministers in Lucknow on Tuesday," NMRC Managing Director Ritu Maheshwari said. This news is a great relief for people residing in Noida Extension area. Right now, people are dependent solely on autos or Uber, Ola cabs to reach the nearest metro station, i.e. Sector-52.
The residents of Greater Noida (West) are happy with the news. "It's a great news for the occupants of Noida extension, life will be easier and convenient for all of us," said Priya one of the residents of Noida Extension.
"For all Gaur City and Crossings residents, who are traveling 13 kms daily to get a metro to reach offices in Delhi and Gurgaon, this news is like a sigh of relief. Now we can say we are well connected!" said Somya Sweta, one of the residents of Gaur City. Another resident Anu said, "Much awaited news for the daily commuters who have settled in Greno West. Also this would even boost the property price again and the projects which were left half way would be revived too. Finally, a relief for the middle class."
Here is all you need to know about the extension of Noida-Greater Noida Metro, also known as Aqua line:
1) The 14.95 km long extension metro link will run between Noida Sector 71 and Greater Noida Knowledge Park–V.
2) The new rail link is expected to connect the densely populated areas of Gaur City and Noida Extension to the Aqua Line and the adjoining Blue Line metro network, which connects Noida with Delhi.
3) The project of the new rail link will start in three months.
4) It is expected to be completed in the next three years. The deadline for the completion of the project is 2023.
5) The new metro rail track connecting Noida and Greater Noida will have nine stations spread out between the densely populated areas of Gaur City and Noida Extension.
6) The new metro rail track connecting Noida and Greater Noida would be completed in two phases.
7) The first phase would be between Sector 71 and Greater Noida Sector 2.
8) The second phase would be between Greater Noida Sector 2 and Knowledge Park V stations.
9) There will be five stations in the first phase -- Noida Sector 122, Sector 123, Greater Noida Sector 4, Eco Tech, and Greater Noida 2.
10) While four stations in second phase -- Greater Noida Sector 3, Sector 10, Sector 12 and Knowledge Park V.
The Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) commenced operations of the Aqua Line (Noida – Greater Noida Metro Corridor) on January 25. The line has 21 stations and runs from the Sector 51 station in Noida to the Depot station in Greater Noida, covering a distance of 29.7 km via 21 stations. The corridor was completed at a cost of ₹5,503 crore, according to the NMRC.
-With Agency inputs