Over 10 trains diverted as 7 wagons of goods train derails in Maharashtra | Check list here
Maharashtra: The derailment took place at 6.31 pm, leaving mail express traffic on the Kasara-Igatpuri section on the Down line and middle line affected. Check here the list of the trains which were diverted on Sunday follwing the incident.
Seven wagons of a goods train derailed in Maharashtra around 6.31 pm on Sunday, news agency PTI quoted an official as saying. The incident happened between Kasara, more than 100 kilometres from Mumbai, and TGR-3 station on the Central Railway network. Following the incident, mail express traffic on the Kasara-Igatpuri section on the down line and middle line was affected.
"There is derailment of a goods train between Kasara to TGR-3 DOWN line section at 18.31 hrs, on Down Main line in Mumbai div...Mail express traffic in Kasara to Igatpuri section DOWN section is affected. And middle line is affected," the Centrail Railways said in a post on X.
It added that the suburban local train traffic was not affected. "Igatpuri to kasara UP section traffic is not affected, it's running," the post read.
List of trains affected
In a series of posts on C, the Central Railways shared lists of trains which were diverted due to the derailment incident. These trains were:
1) 17612 CSMT Nanded express
Diverted via kalyan-karjat- pune- daund-latur route:
2) 12105 CSMT Gondia express
Diverted via kalyan-pune- daund-manmad route
3) 12137 CSMT-Firozpur Punjab mail express
Diverted via diva-vasai- udhana-jalgaon route:
4) 12289 CSMT Nagpur duronto express
Diverted via diva- vasai-udhana- jalgaon route
5) 12111 CSMT Amaravati express- via kalyan-pune- daund- manmad
6) 12809 CSMT Howrah express- via diva-vasai- udhana- jalgoan route
7) 17057 CSMT- Secunderabad express- via kalyan- karjat- pune-daund- manmad route
8) 12322 CSMT Howrah express- via diva-vasai- udhana- jalgaon exp
9) 18029 LTT Shalimar express- via diva- vasai- udhana-jalgaon route
10) 12167 LTT varanasi express- via diva-vasai- udhana-jalgaon route
11) 12141 LTT Patliputra express- via diva-vasai- udhana-jalgaon route.
Apart from diversions of these 11 mail express trains, there were four mail express trains which were "beyond Kalyan station already/near to Kalyan station, which can not be diverted...," the Central Railways said in another post.
Four mail express (which are already in Kalyan to Kasara section) which couldn't be diverted. These were:
1) 12261 CSMT Howrah exp- at Asangaon
2) 11401 CSMT Adilabad nandigram exp- At Kasara
3) 12173 LTT Pratapgarh exp- At Kasara
4) 12109 CSMT Manmad panchvati exp- Near kalyan.
The Central Railways said, “Efforts are going on for middle line in ghat section to make fit to run above four detained trains. Passengers are requested to bear with inconvenience." It said the Rail ART (Accident Relief Train) was at the accident site. "Restoration work in progress," it added.
Unlock a world of Benefits! From insightful newsletters to real-time stock tracking, breaking news and a personalized newsfeed – it's all here, just a click away! Login Now!