Petrol, diesel price unchanged for third day today. 5 things to know1 min read . Updated: 31 Oct 2019, 11:01 AM IST
- Petrol and diesel prices have been on the declining trend in October
- Fuel prices are down by over ₹1.6 a litre this month
NEW DELHI : At its lowest range this month now, the price of petrol has fallen by ₹1.69 a litre and that of diesel by ₹1.64 a litre in October. Fuel prices were left unchanged for the third consecutive day today by state-run fuel retailers.
A litre of petrol today costs ₹72.92 in Delhi, ₹75.35 in Bengaluru, ₹75.72 in Chennai, ₹78.54 in Mumbai, ₹77.54 in Hyderabad and ₹72.82 in Gurgaon. Diesel, on the other hand, costs ₹65.85 a litre in Delhi, ₹68.04 in Bengaluru, ₹69.55 in Chennai, ₹69.01 in Mumbai, ₹71.81 in Hyderabad and ₹65.14 in Gurgaon.
5 things to know about petrol, diesel prices:
1) After making sharp spikes last month in the aftermath of attacks on Saudi Arabia's oil facilities, fuel prices were either decreased or left unchanged in October.
2) In the international market, crude oil rates are being pushed down due to worries over the US-China trade talks and an increasing US stockpile.
3) Amid weak global cues, Brent crude futures had dropped by 1.6% yesterday while U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures had ended 0.9% lower.
4) During the day, Brent crude futures were up 24 cents, or 0.4%, at $60.85 a barrel by 0221 GMT, having fallen earlier in the session. US WTI crude futures were up by 10 cents, 0.2%, at $55.16 a barrel.
5) With the Federal Reserve cutting interest rates for the third time this year, the Indian rupee opened higher against the US dollar. At 9.10 am, the domestic currency was trading at 70.77 a dollar, up 0.18% from Wednesday's close of 70.90.