NEW DELHI :
With crude oil rates rising over $62 a barrel, the price of petrol and diesel also rose today after more than a month's gap. Petrol price increased by 10 paise a litre and diesel price by 9 paise a litre today.
5 things to know about petrol, diesel prices:
1) In New Delhi, a litre of petrol costs ₹72.70, diesel ₹65.84. In Mumbai, a litre of petrol costs ₹78.38 and diesel ₹69.06. If you are in Bengaluru, then you will have to pay ₹75.18 for petrol and ₹68.08 for diesel. In Noida, a litre of petrol is priced at ₹74.48 and diesel ₹66.15. In Gurgaon, petrol is selling at ₹72.69 and diesel ₹65.18.
2) Fuel prices have been declining since October. Cumulatively, petrol price has fallen by about ₹2 since October 1.
3) Petrol, diesel prices are changed everyday by fuel retailers at 6 am after taking into account several factors like international benchmark rates for fuel and US-dollar exchange rate.
4) Oil had jumped above $62 a barrel yesterday after China hinted at progress towards a trade deal with the United States, raising hopes for an end to a long dispute that has weighed on economic growth and demand for fuel.
5) Brent has rallied almost 16% in 2019, supported by a deal between the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and allies such as Russia to limit supplies until March next year. Oil is still down about 14% since an April peak as the trade spat sapped crude consumption and global supplies expanded.