1 min read.Updated: 02 Aug 2021, 04:50 PM IST Edited By Sangeeta Ojha
The PMO said that the new digital payment platform e-RUPI is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring a leak-proof delivery of welfare services
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched a digital payment platform called e-RUPI. The platform, developed by the National Payments Corporation of India in collaboration with the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and National Health Authority, claims to be a person and purpose-specific digital payment solution.
The PMO said it is expected to be a revolutionary initiative in the direction of ensuring a leak-proof delivery of welfare services.
6) e-RUPI connects the sponsors of the services with the beneficiaries and service providers in a digital manner without any physical interface.
7) It also ensures that the payment to the service provider is made only after the transaction is completed.
8) Being pre-paid in nature, it assures timely payment to the service provider without the involvement of any intermediary.
9) Apart from regular payments, it can also be used for services under schemes like providing medicines and nutritional assistance under maternal and child welfare schemes, TB eradication programmes, medicines and diagnostics under schemes like Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, fertilizer subsidy, etc.
10) These digital vouchers can also be used by the private sector for its employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programmes,
Subscribe to Mint Newsletters
* Enter a valid email
* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint.
our App Now!!