PM Modi delivered the inaugural address of the 95th annual plenary session of the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) today via video conferencing.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said that India should convert the COVID-19 crisis into a turning point towards becoming a self-reliant nation. PM Modi also emphasized the need for import-substitution while delivering the inaugural address of the 95th annual plenary session of the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) on Thursday via video conferencing.
PM Modi said that North-East India could become a major hub for organic farming by creating bamboo and organic product clusters in the region.
Here are the important updates about from Modi's ICC address:
1) Apart from Covid-19, India is also facing challenges from other areas such as locust swarms invasion, gas well explosion in Assam's Tinsukia, Cyclone Amphan and minor tremors across India.
2) Coronavirus would be turning point as India becomes self-reliant due to this crisis.
3) Aatamnirbhar lessons start at home. Time has come for India to become self-reliant.
4) It is high time India becomes vocal for local.
5) Every citizen of this country has resolved to turn this crisis into an opportunity. We have to make this a major turning point for India's growth story. What is that turning point? A self-reliant India.
7) Indian farmers have got their true freedom due the recent reforms. They can go to any part of the country to sell their produce.
8) Industries will have think how they will turn Indian into a net exporter of products.
9) Indians are saving a total of ₹19,000 crore due to usage of LED bulbs. Carbon emissions have also reduced due to the same.
10) At this time we've to take Indian economy out of 'command and control' and take it towards 'plug and play'. This isn't the time for conservative approach. It's time for bold decisions and bold investments. It's time to prepare a globally competitive domestic supply chain.
11) Decades ago Swami Vivekananda wrote, 'The simplest method to be worked upon at present is to induce Indians to use their own produce and get markets for Indian artware in other countries'. This path shown by Swami Vivekananda is inspiration for India in post-COVID world.
12) DBT, JAM have helped millions of beneficiaries.
13) We have to revive manufacturing sector in West Bengal; this is time for bold investments, not conservative decisions.
14) Recent decisions taken by Centre for farmers have freed agriculture economy from years of slavery.
15) We have to turn COVID-19 crisis into opportunity for creating Atmanirbhar Bharat.
16) We have to revive the historical excellence of Bengal in manufacturing sector. We've always heard "What Bengal thinks today, India thinks tomorrow". We have to take inspiration from this and move forward together.
17) At the core of Atma Nirbhar Bharat is the belief 'Atma-Vishwasi Bharatiya'
18) People-centric, people-driven and planet-friendly development have become part of our governance
19) Banking services have even reached the 'have nots' section of the society.
20) Our economy has become cashless and contactless due to UPI usage.