2 min read.Updated: 25 Sep 2021, 07:09 PM ISTMeghna Sen
PM Modi at UNGA summit LIVE updates: ‘The danger of regressive thinking and extremism is also rising in the world,’ PM Narendra Modi said addressing the UN General Assembly
Listen to this article
PM Modi at UNGA summit LIVE updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in person on Saturday at the New York City, the first time since the coronavirus pandemic broke out in December 2019.
"Landed in New York City. Will be addressing the UNGA at 6:30 PM (IST) on the 25th," PM Modi tweeted soon after he landed in New York.
The last time he addressed the Assembly in person was in 2019. Last year, the high-level session had gone virtual. This time, though, global leaders have been given the option of delivering pre-recorded speeches.
Here are the live updates of PM Modi's UNGA speech:
- “It is absolutely essential to ensure that Afghanistan's territory is not used to spread terrorism and for terrorist activities," PM Modi said.
- At this time, the people of Afghanistan, women and children, the minorities there, need help, and we must fulfil our responsibility: PM Modi
- If the United Nations has to keep itself relevant, it has to improve its effectiveness, enhance its reliability: PM Modi
- Hinting at Pakistan, PM Modi said that some countries use terrorism as political tool. "The danger of regressive thinking and extremism is also rising in the world," PM Modi said.
- In order to strengthen the rule-based world order, the international community must speak in unison, the PM said.
- Corona pandemic has taught the world that the global economy should be more diversified now: PM Modi
- “Come, make vaccines in India - Today, I extend an invitation to all vaccine manufacturers from across the world to make vaccines in India," says PM Modi at United Nations General Assembly.
- “When India grows, the world grows. When India reforms, the world transforms," the PM said.
- India has embarked on a journey to provide clean and potable water: PM Modi
- Development should be all-inclusive, universal and one that nurtures all, says PM Modi
- On 15 August, 2021, India entered the 75th year of independence. Our diversity is the identity of our strong democracy: PM Modi at UNGA
- In the last 1.5 years, the entire world has been facing the worst pandemic in 100 years, I pay tribute to all those who have lost their lives in this deadly pandemic and I express my condolences to their families: PM Modi at UNGA
- PM Modi addresses UNGA session
- PM Modi arrives at the UN Headquarters to address the 76th Session of the United Nations General Assembly.
In a short while from now, PM Modi will be addressing the UN General Assembly, the Prime Minister's Office tweeted.