Rahul Gandhi says 'PM Modi thinks he knows more than God', calls him 'specimen': Top 10 quotes
During a speech in San Francisco, Rahul Gandhi remarked that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his opinion, would attempt to explain the workings of the universe to God, as there are certain individuals who believe they possess all-encompassing knowledge.
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi directed criticism towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said that there are people in India who think they know more than God and PM Modi is "one such specimen".
During the event, Rahul Gandhi, aged 52, conveyed to the Indian American community that the concept of India is currently facing threats and being questioned. Here are the top 10 quotes by Rahul Gandhi while speaking to the Indian diaspora:
1. Rahul Gandhi said that the poor and people from minority communities feel helpless today in India. "What is happening to Muslims in India today happened to Dalits in the 1980s. If you went to UP in the 1980s, this was happening with Dalits...We have to challenge it, fight it and do it with love and affection and not with hatred and we will do that," added Rahul Gandhi.
2. "The way you (Muslims) are feeling attacked, I can guarantee Sikhs, Christians, Dalits, and tribals are feeling the same. You can't cut hatred with hatred., but only with love and affection," said the Congress leader.
2. Speaking about the caste census conducted during the Congress-led UPA government. Rahul said, "When we were in power, we had carried out the caste census. The idea was to take an X-Ray of society. Because without understanding the exact demographic and who is who, it is very difficult to distribute power effectively. We have been asking the BJP to release the numbers of the caste census and they are of course not doing it. When we will come to power we will do that."
3. “The world is too big and complicated for any person to know everything. That is the disease…There is a group of people in India who are absolutely convinced they know everything. They think they know even more than God," Rahul Gandhi slams Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
4. “They can sit with God and explain to him what’s going on. And of course, our prime minister is one such specimen. If you sat Modiji with God, he will explain to God how the universe works and God will get confused about what have I created," he said, evoking peals of laughter from hundreds of his Indian American supporters.
5. "Congress' stand on the Women's Reservation Bill is clear. We're committed to getting the bill passed. We have to give women their deserved space in the political system, businesses and running the country," he said.
In New York, Rahul Gandhi intends to interact with intellectuals at the Harvard Club, participate in a lunch event, and meet accomplished individuals of Indian descent working in the creative industry. The culmination of his visit will be a public address at the Javits Center, where he is expected to share his perspectives and aspirations with a broader audience.
(With inputs from agencies)
Milestone Alert!Livemint tops charts as the fastest growing news website in the world 🌏 Click here to know more.